cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow

Assistant Professor

Re: Super Slow

@uh, average for satellite will always be slower because of lower satellite bandwidth compared to ground cable system and customer density for that available bandwidth.

As for the whole China thing that was brought up.......their Internet is totally provided, maintained and controlled by the government so if you'd like that then well.....don't have anything else to say.

uh
Freshman

Does anybody else tired of seeing all these excuses?

This has been an outage. My jumping through my butt to get all these diagnostic things sent would just be a total waste of time. Seems strange that postingf to ANOTHER site would get technical help. They obviosly saw this post by responing in the firsat place. And it already was a waste and upset me before anyway. And only because of Hughes lack of decent custmer service and total lack of respect for their customers.

As for the outage, Why were notification emails not sent? Or something people might actually see? Just seeing that outage message on the community website was pure luck. Even that message though is blaming some other entity. WE PAY YOU. And you are failing your customers. And that's all that matters to most users. Who is being paid.

In September I believe Hughes issued tokens for an outage. Will they do that again?

Professor

I know you're super frustrated and I can't blame you. So far,  only your fellow customers have responded; the Hughesnet reps prefer to address each issue individually, so they request that users post under their own topics (not posts, but topics).  They may reply to you on this thread, or they may not -- they're more likely to reply to your own indiviual thread. 

I don't believe they send notification emails -- in this era of social media, they communicate with their users via social media and this site.  So do other ISPs, so it's pretty much the standard nowadays. 

The hoops you have to jump through are also the ones you'd have to jump through if contacting another ISP -- may require the same hoops (Xfinity does, and so does Verizon Wireless).  They all need for you to do things on your end and give them data about what you see -- alternatively, you can pay a fee to have a tech come to your site and do all of this himself.  

Again, I sympathize with your frustration and hope things get resolved quickly for you.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

uh wrote:

Does anybody else tired of seeing all these excuses?

This has been an outage. My jumping through my butt to get all these diagnostic things sent would just be a total waste of time. Seems strange that postingf to ANOTHER site would get technical help. They obviosly saw this post by responing in the firsat place. And it already was a waste and upset me before anyway. And only because of Hughes lack of decent custmer service and total lack of respect for their customers.

As for the outage, Why were notification emails not sent? Or something people might actually see? Just seeing that outage message on the community website was pure luck. Even that message though is blaming some other entity. WE PAY YOU. And you are failing your customers. And that's all that matters to most users. Who is being paid.

In September I believe Hughes issued tokens for an outage. Will they do that again?

Distinguished Professor II

@uh wrote: 

BTW, I thought this WAS a new topic. 

You're fine.  The two replies (maratsade's and mine) that instructed this were aimed at the people addressed in the replies, not you.  

As maratsade mentioned, please either post your Results page URL or click "Share this result" after you run one of the speed tests and then click on "Result URL".  Then copy that URL and paste it into a reply.  

Please keep in mind that, if you've not been running the tests under an account you've created at testmy.net it's advisable to do so.  This way it will save the tests in a single location that you can link to with the Results page URL, and it makes it much easier for the reps/techs to view your tests in order to help you.  

Regarding your last reply, running speed tests and posting the results is not very hard.  Whether you perform them or not is entirely up to you.  I'm simply trying to help you to get the help you need.  Other than the mods, the people posting on this Community are fellow customers.  We take the time out of our day to try to help people having issues, and we give instructions on what to do, when something is needed, in order to get the ball rolling for that help. 

I'll refrain from further replies, but I'll post below the full troubleshooting instructions for speed tests, just so you have them.  Good luck to you.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the manual 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx  (due to being an older page, the test sizes are incorrect for Gen5 (please use the test sizes listed above, in bold, for Gen5)).

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest). 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
uh
Freshman

You semingly totally ignore what anyone says, This was a nationwide outage. Why do you insist I jump through your hoops? But you carry irregardless. Thing is, I was a soldier Protecting your right to you can do whay you do.I'm Retired.  I'm disabled and fell and hit my ribs. To do what you want I'd have to carry this laptop to within 6' the modem to use the cord that I bought (installer didn't give me) to bypass the wifi.

Like General Kelley said, soldiers never quit. But I physically can't do what you want right now. I did sign up for testmy.net. These are the results from a combined test.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/dquinn618

Distinguished Professor II

@uh wrote:

You semingly totally ignore what anyone says. 

Actually, YOU seem to.  Two things...

1.  When you reply to a thread that includes multiple people, please indicate who it is you're replying to, or blasting, as it were, so that we don't have to try to figure out.   

2.  Show a little respect to your fellow subscribers who are taking the time out of their day to try to help you solve a problem.  We don't work for HughesNet.  Only those with a badge like moderator or employee next to their name do.   

My reply, and maratsade's, have absolutely nothing to do with the outage that affected some and everything to do with your complaint about the speeds.  We gave you the instructions for what you need to do to have it addressed.  I have no idea what an outage that started a few days ago has to do with speed issues for "a couple of weeks".  And I have no idea what you are referring to with "Seems strange that postingf to ANOTHER site would get technical help. They obviosly saw this post by responing in the firsat place."  You posted HERE.  We responded HERE.  

And you don't need to pull the "I was a vet protecting your rights" card to get help.  Not only is it unnecessary, it's quite disrespectful.  If you'd like respect, how about showing some to your fellow customers who, again, take the time out of their day to help you?  

I'm sure the mods will let you know if speed tests via WiFi will be sufficient given your situation.  

Good day to you.

Edit:  Being that the outage was caused by an upstream provider that HughesNet doesn't control, it's unlikely that they'll give any tokens.  The CenturyLink outage affected many ISPs and their subscribers, not just HughesNet. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
uh
Freshman

Thanks for the long lecture. That definitely changes my whole outlook about Hughes and the people here.

https://testmy.net/rt/dquinn618?miq=1&isp=hughes_network_systems

uh
Freshman

uh
Freshman

To me, with wifi or without seems to make very little difference in bandwidth speeds, This link are the results from early this morning, before traffic competition, using with wifi, and with their combined method. Since there was only a 5.6ms difference in download speeds (but using their 44mb download) between with wifi and without, looking at the issue overall, that does not seem significant to me. But I'm not an expert.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/dquinn618

uh
Freshman

Speeds today back to about where they were (for now) before all this. Is that because the software engineers at hughes are back at work after the holiday? That was how things worked in my experience when I worked along side that career field before. Thanks for the real nice holiday surprise guys. Hughes management might wanna look at that little problem with an eye to why so many unhappy customers cancel. Profits ARE the bottom line after all. But then who's REALLY in control here? Man, I need to get awway from this mess.