Super slow , here we go again !!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Euni
New Poster

Super slow , here we go again !!

well, here we go again, have not been on here because HN is sooooo slow and complaining does not do much good, always the same answers.  About 6 month ago I had a go around re- Data loss, that has been ok, my account was monitored for about 4 weeks and all was well, soon after that  my  internet speed was super slow and has been like that until now, getting pretty tired of this. I have kept a DAILY log of my sign in, times and usage. Just today it took from 6.18am till 7:05 am to pay 2 bills online, getting thrown off twice, a confirmation email from Verizon took 6 minutes to receive. I update early in the morning  because it takes so long, Norton sec. updates 1 1/2 hrs. Yesterday Ctrl Ctr. status light was yellow for 2 hrs, I had NO access to satellite, I can go on and on, and that only in the last 6 month , I have been a customer of theirs for  about 4 1/2 yrs now and one would think service would have gotten better, oh NO,  HN is the worse provider ever. We have had great weather, clear skies. I took my computer to a friends house , she has cable, wow, that's what I call high speed. NOT like HN .  Also it does NOT matter what time I use my computer, it is always super slow. A 1 min. video takes 5 minutes to look at with  constant buffering. Again I have I desk top computer, no router or other devices, I am a senior just trying to keep in touch with the world, use FB, email, ebay and sometimes read a local paper online. other then that HN is useless, no games, movies, videos or anything else, Try sending a picture to  a friend, impossible . Emails... have to delete one at a time constant buffering and when I click on the email to delete it,  it opens , not good. Trying to get to the email is another thing, have to try 2 and 3 times, That is HN. I tell anyone  that is looking for a provider to stay away from HN. A neighbor up the road was told  to get special adapters etc. which they did ($300.00) they have HN, it did nothing.  All the complaining does no good, first 3 month were great, after that HN only wants your money. My son has EXCEDE next door, been monitoring that so far so good, will switch to that in the near future if his  service stays as it has been ,  for less money too.  Well HN a very dissatisfied customer here.

150 REPLIES 150
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

One way would be to do a "copy" from the post and then do a " paste" into a email and then print the email.

In fact you should have received a email copy of my post from Get Satisfaction, just print that.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

He/she could use the clipping tool, as well, and just take a snapshot of it. 

Then print that out. 
Euni
New Poster

ok, got it printed. Now I will check Glasswire
Euni
New Poster

cannot post the glasswire screenshot, , will keep trying
Euni
New Poster

48MB left, will try tomorrow. Thanks anyway.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm quite interested in finding out just what it is that chewing through his/her data.    Hopefully glasswire will help point to the culprit. 
Euni
New Poster

it is 6:13AM, just tried  to post glasswire again, used snipping tool, did not work, had PC disconnected all night, reloaded daily data to 500MB, will keep trying......
Euni
New Poster

tried copy and paste did not work either, must be doing something wrong ???
Euni
New Poster

been trying, pic flashes across , does not stay, did copy & paste, snipping tool.. 
Euni
New Poster

been monkeying around for almost 1 hr now,cannot get it to post here. what am I doing wrong? Have to go, back later
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You don't copy and paste pictures here, use the camera button to upload them.

Euni
New Poster

did not work either, turned on PC 10 min.ago, read email, at present have open windows "control ctr" and this page, data went from 468 to 282 in 10 minutes..
Euni
New Poster

tried again, the camera button, showed 1/2 pic , then message  page could not be displayed.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

since your running windows and today is Tuesday are you sure its not windows doing updates in the background?
Euni
New Poster

data at 263
Euni
New Poster

Euni
New Poster

yey !!!!! picture from yesterday.
Euni
New Poster

Euni
New Poster

taken a few minutes ago, data now at 242
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Euni,

You did not exactly follow my steps ...... you missed step #2 ... Select the "Apps" Button.

Your usage period as defined by your slider settings is rather large at 6 days but culprit is right on the top.

Host Processes for Windows Services ..... 2.1 GB ..... that is 2100 MB of data used sometime within that 6 day period.

Short version .... Your Operating System, Windows is eating your data like its going out of style.

Do you have Windows 10 ?

To be more exact ... what Operating System are you running ?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Would suggest she boot into Safe Mode with networking and see if any better but I have to run out an errand and have a feeling will take awhile to explain.