Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

taken a few minutes ago, data now at 242
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Euni,

You did not exactly follow my steps ...... you missed step #2 ... Select the "Apps" Button.

Your usage period as defined by your slider settings is rather large at 6 days but culprit is right on the top.

Host Processes for Windows Services ..... 2.1 GB ..... that is 2100 MB of data used sometime within that 6 day period.

Short version .... Your Operating System, Windows is eating your data like its going out of style.

Do you have Windows 10 ?

To be more exact ... what Operating System are you running ?

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Would suggest she boot into Safe Mode with networking and see if any better but I have to run out an errand and have a feeling will take awhile to explain.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Well, lets see where Host Process for Windows Services went:

Here is mine , use it as a guide:

Same settings as your previous EXCEPT:

SELECT THE "APPS" TAB

Then, in the list of programs/processes find Host Process For Windows Services ...... and CLICK on it (mine has a red box around it)

After clicking on it the large window on the right will display how much data was used ... CLICKING on one of THOSE will display a popup with the IP address of where the process connected to.

Highlighted
New Poster

windows 8.1
Highlighted
New Poster

It gives IP  numbers, also says host process for widows servicing. United States  8.253.1.78, don't know what that means.
Highlighted
New Poster

Windows just changed the windows 10 upgrade to recommended so I bet you just downloaded the windows 10 upgrade in the background, since its be upgraded to recommended then it will do it automatically 
Highlighted
New Poster

Highlighted
New Poster

Go to My Computer -> The current windows install drive (normally C://) and look for a folder named "$Windows ~BT." if there is it will be anywhere from 2.5-6GB that is the windows 10 download, check and see if you have this folder
Highlighted
New Poster

I have gotten messages about windows 10 but declined each time.