Super slow , here we go again !!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

Dosent matter, since they changed it to recommended it will download
Highlighted
New Poster

also, I was gone from 5//9/16  -  5/14/16, did Norton sec.update at 6am on5/15/16, paid bills. at 8:20AM  data was at 480MB, shut off PC by 8;14 PM data was at 132, I had checked email, trust me I don't get much email and I delete when read and clean out trash.

Highlighted
New Poster

Highlighted
New Poster

so I have now windows 10?
Highlighted
New Poster

Do you have the folder I posted in my other comment on your C:// if you do then its downloaded already incase you decide to upgrade
Highlighted
New Poster

click on your windows file explore in your taskbar and expand the treeview under your C: drive and see if you have the folder shown above
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Windows 8.1 is subject to the following .....

Microsoft will download to your computer a copy of Win10 as a "just in case".

They are also including Win10 as a "recommended" update so when Windows update runs it will download again.

There have been some updates for Win7,8 and 8.1 that cause some "behavioral" changes to those Operating Systems that cause them to emulate some of the "features" found in Win10 ... namely the collection of data from your computer that is then "shared" with other ...."partners" of Microsoft.

This collection and sharing will use data that you didn't use in the past as well as the background downloads of Win10 in both forms .... "just in case" and "recommended update.

The list of "troublesome updates" (known as KB's) is very long and likely beyond your ability to safely remove.

The fact is that Microsoft has  .... changed directions and as such so has Windows as we knew it and that includes some effects to the current Microsoft operating systems.

Frankly I'm at a loss as to how to advise you .....

Your daily allowance is very limited

Windows has turned into a nightmare for those with limited computer experience and data caps.

You COULD set Win Update to NEVER which would stop further data bleeds but would leave your system vulnerable.

I have been around computers since .. there have been computers. I have totally disabled Windows Update on all but one of my eleven computers since November of 2015 and I spend a lot of time carefully researching and removing a number of reoccurring updates on the one computer that is allowed to update.

Please note that I am not advocating that you totally disable Windows Update.

Highlighted
New Poster

this is how I stopped windows 10 from installing on the 1 laptop that I run Win 7 on,  https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
Highlighted
New Poster

Its just sad that Microsoft thinks that they know our needs more than us and forces stuff like this on us
Highlighted
New Poster

Gwalk900 it would probably be a good idea to post your last post about windows 10 upgrade where others will be able to see it