Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow , here we go again !!

New Poster

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

WOW hope you copy and pasted this, lol
Assistant Professor

I think that applies to most of his posts Charles.  : )

Thanks Gwalk, never seen this before.

Hi ya'all, looked at those downloads for "NOT " downloading W 10, its a bit complicated for me. Now just an update, was gone most of the day, not on here much BUT I keep checking. Looked again at ( CSmiley Happy drive (expanded every line) , so far I do not see "$Windows BT", maybe by changing the setting ( removing the checkmark) as instructed, it stopped?  Looked at Glasswire too, seems to stay steady, also system control ctr. data is holding steady not going down within 10 minutes, overall PC is slow, like it was before but its usable . Having some  thunder storms coming thru so I will sign off. Have a nice Memorial Weekend if I don't come on here to complain. I feel like you are "family" LOL... learning a lot  from you guys, thanks. ♥
New Poster

Windows by default hides this directory, here is a screenshot describing how to unhide it

CHARLES.... I found it, could not find it Explorer File, found it in Control panel under "Folder Options", went back to (CSmiley Happy drive and there is the file $Windows-BT, date 5/24/16 ,  I guess ready to download,  now how do I get rid of it? ...
Honorary Alumnus

Well, assuming its already ... in total downloaded, it will just download again unless you have run GWX control panel.
Distinguished Professor IV

Gwalk,

Would the size of that folder/file reflect if the upgrade has already been downloaded, or is the actual upgrade downloaded to a different area, or maybe even multiple areas with multiple files?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

2.5-6Gb and its a hidden folder
Highlighted
New Poster

Run the GWX or Never10 and I believe they both remove the folder also if not I would just leave it based on how much free space you have, otherwise you can run disk cleanup and select clean system files