cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow , here we go again !!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

In a way, that's even better news.  To have a company involved that is already an established entity in satellite technology surely can't hurt.  The future of internet accessibility is looking better and better. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

And the number of WiFi/Cell towers required in hilly and mountainous areas is also very cost prohibitive. Where I live is a prime example. LEO has the promise to deliver true high speed low latency internet to folks in isolated places, even remote Alaska and Canada.
Euni
New Poster

Gabe... re. specs of the computer ? what is that? Here is what's on  my receipt, 1yr warranty incl.parts and labor,  Rosewill blk case  w/350W P/S, Biostar H61MGC Mainboard, Intel G620T 2.2 GHz CPU, 4 GB DDR3 PC 10600  1333mHzRam, LG24X DVD-R/RW, Western Digital 500 GB SATA3  7200RPM  16MB Buffer , W7 Home Premium 64BIT w/SP1......Have no idea what all this means.  My other PC  was  one from  a store (Package deal)   Yes it has that new computer smell lol..., rainy day today, PC working good.  So far I like what I see,  I think my blood pressure is lower too  LOL. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Euni, it looks like that setup should work fine for you and then some. Hope it helps eliminate the problems you've been having.

PS: You may want to install this to prevent the Windows 10 upgrade form sneaking in on you:  http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

PS Again: I see you said further up the PC guy put a block on Windows 10 so he may have already installed something like GWX Control Panel.
Euni
New Poster

BirdDog, yes he said he did, called it something different.  I had told him that was my main concern. So far so good, all is well, lets see for how long ???  Was like this when I first got HN.   Using less Data also, Status meter working  great.  Thumbs up !!!! Yeahhhh..♥
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Euni,

Yep, those are the things I was referring to when asking about specs.  Basically what components the computer has in it, and that info answers the question.  In the end, it doesn't really matter what's in a computer as long as it works for you and you enjoy it.  I've just always been curious what people have in their machines. 

As BirdDog said, that setup should be fine for you and it's ample for your needs.  For what you do your processor and memory are good, and you have plenty of on board storage.  That motherboard has a bit of room for expansion, as well.

I'm glad you like it, and a lower blood pressure is good, too.  LOL. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Euni
New Poster

Hello ya'all out there, thought I'd say "HI" and let ya know how  its going,  well for two 2 days ( 7/17- 7/19 ) my data was disappearing again, was unable to connect to the internet, I disconnected the modem overnight  and that seems to have done the trick as far as data goes, but now  I have not been able to get my email, the screen is there and a message pops up ... Hughes Net  is not responding ... turned PC on and off, still the same, cannot get the email.... grrrrr...now what?   Always something....will try again.
Liz

Hi Euni,

How exactly are you accessing your e-mail?

Are you going here then clicking the e-mail link to log in?
http://home.myhughesnet.com/

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Euni
New Poster

Finally got on here... Yes Liz, that is the only way I know how to.  HN is my homepage, then I click on the link, I have no other email address like Yahoo or thru outlook.  Get message " HN is not responding, recover webpage". Just now it took 3 tries, I finally got it.  Weather is great also ( drought) no rain, no clouds.
Euni
New Poster

Data is holding steady since I disconnected modem overnight  a few days ago.