Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow , here we go again !!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

Charles,

I didn't read up far enough.  I see now that the file itself IS the actual download, not just an indicator of the downloading/downloaded upgrade.  So, if the file is there, it's either in the process of downloading or already has.  And I imagine if that file were deleted, it wouldn't be long before it's right back there, having burned through another 2.6GB of bandwidth to replace it.  Ugh.  Thanks. 

Microsoft...GRRRRRR! 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

What the heck is with the chickens here? Gwalk now Charles......time for a dog revolution!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

This Chicken has to get up at 5 am.
Gnight !
Highlighted
New Poster

I think this ol hen will leave it alone for now, the "never10" or GWX is a bit to complicated for my little brain, Yes Gabe it is there in a hidden folder, interesting, learned a lot.   
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Isn't it sad the way that is getting sneaked in ?
Look at how may people are affected by this.
Look at how many folks won't follow thing down the way you did.
Highlighted
New Poster

got a question, now , the file is there in the hidden folder, when my PC tells me to "update and restart" will  W10 get activated and update from W 8.1 to W10 ?
Highlighted
New Poster

last 2 days super slow, no internet, barely can get email. at 5:30 AM did Norton security update, took 40 minutes, anything else impossible. Was able to check Control Ctr. , looks ok, 500 MB ( but could not use  my PC last 2 days)  sunny outside, signal 165. So why is it sooooooooooooo slow, ?
Highlighted
New Poster

tried to look at Glasswire, no go, thought maybe because of the holiday, lots of traffic, been on here since 5:30 AM, nothing, barely able to post this. Was OK til 5/28/16, next day nothing, 

Highlighted
New Poster

can't even close this window, will have to shut down manually, to submit any post on here, have to try 2-3 times with waiting 20-30 seconds in between.  Grrrr.
Highlighted
New Poster

would like to run speed test, can't find the link Rep. Liz posted