cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow , here we go again !!

Euni
New Poster

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

just tried to write on here, it disappeared, My Data is disappearing too , was gone 1 week, from this AM at 403MB ( not 500) as usual, down to 167 at present, have not been able to get on here,  HN I don't care how many plans you have, FIX what I have, that's what you are getting paid for each month. I have just about had it Data at 107 and I have done nothing on here.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It wouldn't at all surprise me if something was updating on your computer using BITS.  Even after I would update everything manually on my stepfather's computer, it could, and often would, continue updating through BITS.  What it was updating, I couldn't tell you, as I could never figure it out.  Something is using your data.  The trick is to find out what it is. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Good morning Euni,
To begin addressing your unidentified data usage concerns, please read the information here and follow the instructions: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

Then you may post your screenshots here in your thread.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Euni
New Poster

was able to read your email, tried status meter, does NOT work as usual. Turned PC on tat 5:48 AM, was at 500MB . OFF, at 5:11pm PC Data at 396 going down and most likely nothing left.  I have been on vacation  and have been in and out for the last few days, nobody used my PC, no WIFI in case you are wondering, no routers, no TV on demand, no phone, I don't own a cell phone because I live in the country and can't get a signal. no router or any other Techie stuff, just ONE desktop PC. Lets see if I can send this???
Euni
New Poster

well it posted, now I can't get CTRL Center, most likely because it is out of data.
Euni
New Poster

data at 164, still no status meter, tried speed test, page cannot be displayed....etc.... whats the use..
Euni
New Poster

BTW... I downloaded the HN status meter the last time I had all these problems, it did not work then and does not work now. I am not a Techie and don't get half the stuff most of you are talking about. I checked  the HN speed on" testmynet" and it said 54% slower than average. So HN is not only super slow and now loosing DATA too, double whammy !!! Surprise... what am I paying for?????? To look at a blank screen ? very very frustrating !!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Euni, why not just cancel? You aren't happy with current service and don't want to upgrade. I would cancel service if I felt the same way.

Honestly don't know what else to say or how to help you. My last post on this thread. Good luck and best wishes.

We've tried to give you help and suggestions but you seem to ignore them.

Your plan is not going to be a speed demon for sure. Especially legacy non-Gen4.

Liz, Official Rep
  • 5926 Posts
  •  1377 Reply Likes
Good morning Euni,
I see you're still on one of our legacy plans which only offers up to 1 Mbps in download speeds. What kind of activities are you trying to do online? At this point, with websites being more multimedia content heavy, everything may seem slow at 1 Mbps.
schelotti

Same as you Uni.  Here are my speed tests done today.  Had to buy tokens just to run the damn tests too!!!

05/22/2016 14:57:42    3018   192
05/22/2016 14:56:08    2660   107
05/22/2016 14:54:10    2743   154
05/22/2016 14:52:10    2705     95
05/22/2016 14:50:49    2948   182

Thought it would fix itself, but been like this for 3 weeks now.
Euni
New Poster

Bird Dog, why does it go from working to not working, runs good for 1-2 month then all this starts all over. I have tried all that was suggested, but HN is toooo slow to get anywhere. I got the status meter, does not work, didn't from the time I downloaded it month ago, got glasswire, suggestion from someone, after that it was running good. Took speed tests, they are fine Liz the rep says, getting more then I am supposed to. ???? yeah right.  I am not ignoring anybody, I have been away for 1 week, in and out for appointments and don't even want to look at anything on here because it is so frustrating. At my age I don't need that, on the other hand, cancelling is not that easy either, requires a lot of changes.  I could see if I had a lot of other equipment hooked up to this PC, but there is not, ONE lousy desktop. that's it. Again....I can only do the basics, email, some FB, some Ebay and read a paper and pay some bills. Per LIz Rep, upgrading requires new equipment and  that screw it up even more since they can't fix what I have. Others on Gen4 have similar problems, HN cannot handle or service existing customers, but advertise for more.  BTW data at 6:06 AM was at 374 , since I am writing this it is at 230 and that is all I have done. What am I supposed to do, since I cannot post the status meter that LIZ wants me to do.