tried, status meter don't work
Euni
New Poster

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

same here, I should upgrade they say... yeah more $$$$ more holes in the roof
Euni
New Poster

I unplugged HN9000   on 5/22/16 at 4:48PM, left it off all night. Data was at 101MB.  Reconnected at on 5/23/16  at 5:43 AM,  Data reloaded to 500MB. Used PC until 6:39 AM , Data still at 500MB  ,  shut down.  Turned on 8:02AM Data  at 466 MB. Statusmeter still does not work. Should I delete status meter and download it again?
Euni
New Poster

Data at 445, all I did was post here and read/deleted email.
Euni
New Poster

it is 8:25AM used PC 23 minutes.
Liz

Good morning Euni,

Alternately, you can check you usage in your System Control Center (SCC). In your web browser, go to http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com

You will find your usage here:

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Data at 445, all I did was post here and read/deleted email.

That's all you did that you KNOW of.

Again, there are PROGRAMS .... those you can see and there are PROCESSES ... those you are not going to "see" running but you will see their effect on your allowance.

They do not run all the time, they come and go.

That is what GlassWire is for ... to see what program ran and how much data it used AND what unseen background process ran and how much data they used.

So, what does GlassWire show for that defined period ?

I am going to post a screenshot of my GlassWire output for a period I will define.

So, by the numbers ......

(CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR A LARGER IMAGE)

Follow these steps:

#1: SELECT THE "USAGE" TAB

#2: SELECT THE "APPS" BUTTON

#3: SELECT THE "WEEK" BUTTON

#4: MOVE THE "SLIDERS" TO DEFINE THE DESIRED PERIOD WITHIN THE WEEK

NOTE: The time and dates are in the "banner" near the top/center

#5: THE TOTAL OF ALL DATA USED DURING THE DEFINED PERIOD IS DISPLAYED INCLUDING UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD

#6: A LIST OF ALL THE PROGRAMS AND ALL THE PROCESSES THAT USED DATA DURING THE DEFINED PERIOD.

The amount of data used is listed right after the program/process name

The biggest users are at the top.

In my example the top user for that period was Internet Explorer (browser) @78.1 MB used

followed by Thunderbird (email client program) @ 14.8 MB

Both of those are "programs" ... I can "see" them open on my desktop .. I know they are running, I just don't know how much data they used until I call up a report from GlassWire.

The next user in my list is Avast Service .... this is associated with my anti-virus program and this is a "background" process that ran (in addition the anti-virus program itself) and I would not have been aware of the data used by this process without looking GlassWire but known or unknown, it still hit my data allowance for 10.7 MB.

As to your speeds, You have a "legacy" service with an max "up to" of 1 Mbps.

System loading including the satellite, beams and individual Gateways are going to vary ...

Usually Hughes tries for 60% or better of max plan speed but this is not always possible.

Regardless of your "data throughput" at a given instant ... if you are getting 1Mbps total and you have more things running than you know .. each will receive a portion of your total throughput.

1 Item running .... it gets 1 Mbps

2 items running (one known, one unknown) each gets 500 Kbps, the known seems slow.

As to upgrading and holes in your roof ?

It depends on line of sight of course but when I upgraded from my former HN7000s system for a HT1100 Gen4, the new reflector/arm/TRIA was mounted on my existing mast, everything was inspected and no "new holes" were needed.

Bottom line here is:

You are on a now antiquated system with limited throughput at best.

You claim you are loosing data and at the same time have poor speeds.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that your computer has many background processes that run unseen that will use data and cause your known programs to seem "slow" because they are sharing your already limited bandwidth yet you have GlassWire installed .... 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Reconnected at on 5/23/16  at 5:43 AM,  Data reloaded to 500MB. Used PC until 6:39 AM , Data still at 500MB  ,  shut down.  Turned on 8:02AM Data  at 466 MB.

This simply sounds like an instance of the data shown at 6:39am not reflecting your usage from 5:43am to 6:39am correctly.  When you turned it back on at 8:02am, the updated data remainder was most likely correct (having been used earlier, but not reflected correctly at that time). 

A 34MB usage in that time is not at all unusual.  Simply turning your computer on and it checking for updates will burn through some MBs, even if it doesn't find any.  When I had Windows 8.1 on my computer, just turning it on would burn through about 15mb, checking whatever it was checking, every time.  It was similar with Windows 7.  Also, again, BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) is another thing that will download things in the background without you ever knowing it's doing so unless you check the usage.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Euni, the meter is not immediate at reporting usage, there is some delay. If the meter read one amount, then you shut down your computer right after looking at it, the usage on the meter might well be higher when turning computer back on. Happens to me quite frequently and in your case much more noticeable since you are on a daily plan with a low amount of data to begin with.
Euni
New Poster

Yes I know, that is where I go daily to check and can see how fast it goes down. Just turned on this PC to post, Data at 379MB, .PC had been off all day , just posted this AM.