Super slow speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uscunited
Freshman

Super slow speeds

I have been getting super slow speeds.  I just ran Testmy.net and got 168 kbps download and 127 kbps upload.  These are typical for more than the last month.  I had a tech come out to check my system and he told me that I have no problems, the problem is on HughesNet end.  I have called and been told that HughesNet can't take my call. I have emailed and not gotten a response.  I just tried to chat and was told that I was not responding and was disconnected.  I am still getting charged a full rate but not getting any service.  What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To have speed issues addressed on this site, you will need to follow the procedure outlined here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Once you've run tests as directed, please post the link to your results page on Testmy.net.

uscunited wrote:

I have been getting super slow speeds.  I just ran Testmy.net and got 168 kbps download and 127 kbps upload.  These are typical for more than the last month.  I had a tech come out to check my system and he told me that I have no problems, the problem is on HughesNet end.  I have called and been told that HughesNet can't take my call. I have emailed and not gotten a response.  I just tried to chat and was told that I was not responding and was disconnected.  I am still getting charged a full rate but not getting any service.  What can I do?

I emailed HughesNet on Sunday on got a call back about an hour later, but at a time that I could not get to my computer.  Tech said that he would call back about 30 minutes later.  I never received a call back.  Yesterday speeds picked up for a short while but then dropped back to normal, about 250 kbps download.  I just ran testmy.net and got 251 kbps download and 65 kbps upload.  How much longer can HughesNet ignore their customers, give us terrible service, and still charge us full rate?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

On this site, they're waiting for you to to follow the procedure outlined here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

And they're waiting for the link to your results page on  Testmy.net.

Without this, they can't help you on this site, so you may need to wait until someone calls you back. 

Hi uscunited,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!