cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow upload speeds

Re: Super slow upload speeds

Hi kelley.nesbitt5

This is a really odd situation.. So you changed your service plan and now RDP does not work? If that is the case I can move you back to your previous plan and see if that works? If so, I will alert our engineers. It could be an issue with the plan configuration.

~Amanda

@C0RR0SIVE

I changed the RDP setting but no change.  I have HT1100, I just upgraded to the Gen 4 Pro plan with 15/50.

I tried pinging to the remote computer and still time out, 100% loss. 

What's odd is that even when I have been out of my anytime data, I've been able to remote in. 

I'll post speed tests in a bit after I run a few.

Highlighted

@Amanda

My RDP hasn't worked all week, so on Wednesday I upgrading hoping I could get better speeds to access my remote computer but to no avail.

Associate Professor

Can you run a tracert to the remote computer to see where the connection is dropping out out and share a screenshot of the results with us?

@C0RR0SIVE

Not tech saavy, how do I do that?

tracert.png

Associate Professor

Are you on a VPN connection when running that tracert?  If so, it's not going to give any results that are usable, and VPN's aren't supported on Hughesnet.

I can't access remotely without the VPN.  Hasn't been an issue except every once in a while.  When I signed up for service 7+ years ago, I was told the VPN would work and that is why I went with Hughesnet rather than other satellite providers.

The ping cannot locate the host now because I disconnected from the VPN.

I will tell you that things were fine last week.  Over the weekend, I got the javascript error on the status meter and found the information here to fix. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, just a thought.