Hughesnet Community

Support page operating system (Customer Care)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
montylee
Freshman

Support page operating system (Customer Care)

What does it take for HughesNet to update their support page to reflect current operating systems? I asked on chat one time about six months ago what I should select since their pop-up list is 6-7 years out of date. Incredible that they haven't bothered to fix this in all these years. I believe that Windows 10 and MacOS 10.13 are the current versions, yet their pop-up has Windows 7 and MacOS 10.6.

Doesn't say much for their support team!

hughes.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Agreed.   It's pretty bad.  Very outdated.  They don't even have the HT2000W modem listed, and that's been used for a little over a year, now.  They even have the latest version of Internet Explorer being 9, while IE10 and IE11 came out in 2012 and 2013, respectively.  Neither Windows 8.1, nor Windows 10, are listed, and they came out in 2013 and 2015, respectively.  

If it weren't so frustrating for people it'd be a comical thing.  

And yes, this is the same Gabe that just talked to you on Facebook.  🙂  

Also, I'm sure the reps will help you with your other post, as what you're seeing is definitely a problem.  🙂

Amanda

Hello montylee,

Yes, we have been made aware of this and the last I heard was that there is a revamp coming for the email/chat support. I'm asking upper management to confirm this and provide more details.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi montylee,

I know I'm  pretty behind on getting back to you on this, but I was just informed that we've upgraded our chat system and changed the way you enter a chat. No more drop down boxes, everything is open ended now. Please let me know if this also solves the issue you were having on your Mac too.

Thanks

Amanda