cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Survey pops up every few minutes

HN_popup.png

This survey pops up every few minutes while I'm logged in, often while I'm writing a post. Is there a way to stop this? I wouldn't mind it popping up once per session, but it constantly popping up is intrusive.  I have popup blockers but they don't work on this popup.

I've tested using Firefox (regular and private), Chrome (regular and incognito), and Edge and the same happens on all of them. I thought it could be influenced by add-ons, but I have no add-ons at all on Edge, so it doesn't seem to be that. 

Help, please. Cheers. 

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Good morning maratsade,

Thanks for the heads up and letting me know your troubleshooting methods so far. That is indeed unusual, our settings have been unchanged and should definitely not be popping up that survey every few minutes. Do you recall when this first started happening?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I would say the issue has been going on since at least since October, maybe earlier. I kept hoping it was temporary but it never stopped, and in fact, got worse.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were something on my side, but I can't think of what else to do to figure it out.  I even tried it on a new laptop before it got any mods done to it in terms of apps and such, but it also happened.  First world problem. 🙂   

Oh my that's so odd. I've escalated this to the proper folks to see what's going on. As far as I can see, our survey settings have been unchanged since we first implemented them, and definitely shouldn't be popping up that often. In the meantime I'll turn it off.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

I know, right? Super weird.  It's got to be something from my side, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what. I've tried the usual steps (add-ons, blockers, changing browsers and browser modalities, etc.) and nothing.  It's not a huge thing -- just annoying, but if need be, I can deal.  🙂

Thank you for escalating! 

GabeU

I wonder if a DNS flush might help. Like shutting everything down and unplugging the modem, waiting a minute, then plugging it back in and, after a few minutes, turning the device(s) back on.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

Excellent idea, thanks!!

Hi maratsade,

Thanks for your patience, our folks are still investigating this, and as part of that I'm going to turn this survey back on. If the same unusual behavior persists, do let me know, we are trying to reproduce this.

-Liz

To add onto this, if it DOES happen again, please try to get a screen recording of it popping up every few minutes. I use the Screencastify Chrome extension for screen recordings.

-Liz

maratsade

I'll do that, and thanks! Also, could you please uncheck the solution tick mark? I clicked on that instead of Reply, but didn't intend to mark this as a solution. 🙂