cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System light and transmit light is off.

System light and transmit light is off.

System light and transmit light is off. I've tried re-booting the modem and I've tried all the typical "make sure the cables are secure" suggestions. This is a recurring problem. The state code is 12.7.2. The "Satellite Receive Signal Strength" is 31. Weather is clear.
6 REPLIES 6
Alum

Re: System light and transmit light is off.

Hi dadkad1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account and there is currently no communication coming from your site to the satellite. Due to this and other diagnostic results I have set up a dispatch to have a technician come out to your home. You should receive a call from your local dealer soon to schedule a specific time. Please let me know if you do not hear word in a few days. Keep us posted. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

Mine has done that, technician came out once, then I learned with help of HughesNet support tech how to associate the dish @ my house with your satellite in space !!! Works everytime !!!

hi roger  my system lightand transmit ben going off for 3 day now
Distinguished Professor III

Roger,

To receive the best help, you should start your own post.  Explain, in as much detail as you can, what is happening, and what you have tried thus far. 

In the meantime, make sure there is nothing impeding your dish's signal, like trees or weeds or anything like that.  Make sure that your cable connection(s) to the back of the modem are snug (don't overtighten).  Does it work after power cycling the modem (unplugging it from the wall, waiting a minute, then plugging it back in)?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
New Poster

So what did they tell you to do?? Don't keep it a secret. Lol
Honorary Alumnus

Hello DebbiLynne, Welcome to the Community.

Unfortunately this is not the first time that a poster has abandoned their post.

Hughes has several Modems in use and while they do differ one thing they all share is the five LED fron panel lights.

Here is a Gen4 HT1100 modem front panel.

Front Panel LEDs.PNG

If that poster were around today I would ask what model modem they have and if they can open the Modems SCC (System Control Center) that can be found by entering 192.168.0.1 into the browsers address bar.

Doing so will display overall modem condition as well as any error codes listed.

SCC Main page snip.PNG

Because of the age of this thread I would suggest that you start a new topic of your own if you have a modem issue.