cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV streaming and VOIP experience

TV streaming and VOIP experience

I changed to Hughes net because I needed more bandwidth to run my wireless devices. I've been a Hughes customer for one month and I can't believe that even after all the customer complaints Hughes net hasn't figured out how to fix their issues. I can't use my VOIP phone. I can't use my smart TVs, hulu, amazon etc. I'm reading about all the people that have the same issues and I'm wondering why such a big company that does so much advertising hasn't solved these issues. I'm strongly considering switching back to my 6 mb service. At least I could watch my TV and use my phone. Not to mention Huges Net is costing me $10 more each month. The data allowance deal is ridiculous and old fashioned. When I was inquiring about Hughes net before I swithced over, I was told not to worry about it. That my data allowance would be plenty. Now I'm discovering that I'm not the only Hughes net customer finding issues with this allowance. And my phone wouldn't work anyway even if there was a such thing as unlimited data. So I hope I don't have to change back to my old service provider. I was super excited about getting faster internet, but all I found was slower to no service. Hughes net, please fix it. I want to watch my TVs and talk on my phone whenever I want. I'm paying for a service, I hope Hughes net will supply what I need.
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: TV streaming and VOIP experience

If you had a 6 Mbps ground based service you should have stayed with it. Satellite internet is for those of us with no decent ground based internet provider.

Hi familyd,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! From what I've gathered in this thread and in your account, our service is not going to meet your needs. Sgoshe and Bill have posted some valid points as well. "I changed to Hughes net because I needed more bandwidth to run my wireless devices."--This is not an ideal reason to switch to satellite internet since we have data caps (unless you're getting a satellite service to supplement your main ISP).

I've created a case for you: 51892960 Please call us at 866.347.3292 and reference that case number should you decide to cancel; your ETF would be waived per the instructions in that case.

Thanks,
Liz 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thank you Hughes Net community...I really appreciate all your feedback.

Liz, I appreciate your honesty and assistance.  I'll call today.

Best wishes

You're welcome, familyd, and good luck with your future ISP.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->