Hughesnet Community

Taking me 9 hours to download a 35GB PC Game with Hughesnet Gen5 internet service...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArnieSharp1xt
New Poster

Taking me 9 hours to download a 35GB PC Game with Hughesnet Gen5 internet service...

Taking me "9" hours to download a 35GB PC Game with Hughesnet Gen5 internet service, please help me to resolve this annoying and tedious issue today please by kindly freely giving to me a very generous substantial amount of free Data Tokens very kindly today please really if any way at all possible today truly somehow please Hughesnet Tech Support.

7 REPLIES 7
ArnieSharp1xt
New Poster

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Why would they give you free data? You need to manage the data you have. If you need tokens, you should buy them. 

ArnieSharp1xt wrote:

Taking me "9" hours to download a 35GB PC Game with Hughesnet Gen5 internet service, please help me to resolve this annoying and tedious issue today please by kindly freely giving to me a very generous substantial amount of free Data Tokens very kindly today please really if any way at all possible today truly somehow please Hughesnet Tech Support.

GabeU

@ArnieSharp1xt 

Right now things like streaming and gaming related content are taking a backseat to work and schooling content due the large COVID-19 related increase in traffic.  It might work better at night, when the prioritization of those activities is less due to lower amounts of traffic.   

Regarding your SAN, you should edit it out of your post.  Your SAN is your account number, which you should never post in public.  If the reps here ever need your SAN or any other personal information, they'll request it via private message.  You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the message body and clicking on Edit Reply.

Edit:  I missed the data token request.  As maratsade mentioned in his reply, if you need data tokens you will need to purchase them.  However, even if you you are out of plan data and you purchase data tokens to restore your service speed, gaming related content will still be prioritized behind those previously mentioned activities, so your download may still take a considerable amount of time.

Alright then...

GabeU

@ArnieSharp1xt 

Don't forget to edit out your SAN.

maratsade

I get the feeling the mods may have to do this. 

@GabeU wrote:

Don't forget to edit out your SAN.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I get the feeling the mods may have to do this.  

Someone just did.  🙂