cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatBro
Sophomore

Tech Staff Please Review my Speed Test Results

Hi,

I would appreciate a review of my speed test results, link below.  The results for download are far below what I have ever experienced.  Tests were done with ethernet cable direct to computer, router/wifi powered off.  The Hughes Modem is a HT 1100 and I am on Gen 4.  This is from an automated 12 hour test. 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/KathyGail29

If this is not the correct link, let me know.  

Symptoms: for the last few months, internet has been slow.  My Microsoft Office 365 programs are especially affected - examples are delay when creating new Outlook messages (1-4 minute delay in new msg being created); delay in connecting to One Drive;  message icons not loading in Outlook.  

There is no ice or snow on dish.  

Kathy E. 

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may need more tests; as this is only representative of 2 days in a season that's notorious for high traffic and congestion.  

The mods will (one hopes) be back tomorrow.   BTW, your upload speeds are normal. 

Yes, the upload speeds are the same as always.  Interesting.  My download speeds used to be pretty good.  

I can get the tech staff more data if they like, but this started several months ago, so I can't imagine it's solely a congestion problem.  I blamed it on Microsoft for a while but then figured out something was going on when using my phone was faster to read the newspaper on 1 bar of cell service than on wifi.  I don't stream anything either since video is notoriously slow on satellite internet.  

Hi KatBro,

Thanks for reaching out and providing your speed test results. Your site diagnostics shows that the HughesNet equipment is working normally. We do have a newer modem that's more efficient than the HT1x00 models, so I'm shipping you a complimentary modem, please expect it in a few days. Here are instructions on how to replace your modem.  No need to return your HT1100.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz!

Good morning KatBro,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I see you have the new modem installed and that it's receiving great speeds.  If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!