cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Support tells me I should use my Status Meter, and also that it is not compatible with Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

Tech Support tells me I should use my Status Meter, and also that it is not compatible with Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

Status Meter doesn't work. When will HughesNet make it compatible with Windows 10?
4 REPLIES

Re: Tech Support tells me I should use my Status Meter, and also that it is not compatible with Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

Hello judhay,

Our status meter is compatible with Windows 10... Can you tell me what happens when you try to install or run the status meter? 

Thank you
Amanda
Senior Instructor

Re: Tech Support tells me I should use my Status Meter, and also that it is not compatible with Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

Are you using a 32 bit version of Windows 10?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

64 bit. meter downloads but Avast virus won't let me open. I can't figure out what tell avast to exclude.^
Senior Instructor

Have you tried downloading the new version of the meter from the site and installing that?  They just released a new one a couple of weeks ago. 

Just a thought, but you could try this. First, if you haven't already done so, download the new version of the meter from the myHughesnet site (http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount).  Then disconnect the LAN cable from the modem, shut Avast down, then install the meter.  Then turn Avast back on and reconnect the LAN cable.  The reason I say disconnect the LAN cable is you don't want to be connected to the internet while not having an active antivirus program running, and shutting Avast off will do just that, though temporarily.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit