cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech support should be called Sales!!"How do I know if they installed the updated modem"? Thank you.

Tech support should be called Sales!!"How do I know if they installed the updated modem"? Thank you.

Tech support (should be called Sales) knew nothing except sell me more when I called re: slowwwwww internet, but I am already at Gen4 $129.00 month/ 20GB very dissatisfied with all of it! Question 1 "How do I know if they installed the updated modem"? Queston 2: Can I buy a better modem (not HT) and or router? Please advise, I appreciate itSmiley Happy Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Tech support should be called Sales!!"How do I know if they installed the updated modem"? Thank you.

If you have Gen4 and have an HT1100 modem, you have the latest .
After that it's a matter of plan level.
Assistant Professor

Re: Tech support should be called Sales!!"How do I know if they installed the updated modem"? Thank you.

The router is your responsibility. I would suggest plugging one computer directly into the modem and see if service is any better. Improperly configured routers can cause lots of problems on satellite.

Hello Sue

Happy leftover Thanksgiving food day! Unfortunately, since our modems are designed to work with our service specifically and go through a certain activation process, you can't swap them out from something you'd buy at Best Buy. You do however have the option of swapping out your router. Before we do that, let's take a gander at your system on Monday when we're all back in the office. Do you know what your speeds are like? I'd recommend visiting http://testmy.net and running the custom 12MB test and let us know what you're getting. As for the updated modem.. Did we ship you a replacement HT1100, or did a technician come to your home recently? Sorry for all the questions, but they really help!

Thank you,
Amanda