cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teir 4 suport cannot install my ht1100 modem

Teir 4 suport cannot install my ht1100 modem

if you want reference no. 49159633, 49161168,49313121 and if you would like I do have tear 4 pin no for this week. its good until Sunday. I had slow as dial up service until you sent me a new modem now I don't have any service. Thanks hughsnet. I will be glad to pass on the information I have to people I know looking to get some kind of internet. I hope the people that are reading this understand English because I know that your tec support just barely understand being from some foreign country and all. be sure to contact me if you have any questions I will be glad to put you on hold for a "short" period of time.  Again I see that you people don’t listen to your customers. I have talked to your tier 4 techs and it is them that cannot get my new modem installed, I now am supposed to go for 5 days with no internet at all until some one comes out on Sunday to do something but they don’t know what. they have no idea what the onsite people are going to do. me being the person I am put the old peace of crap modem back in line and am able to have at least dial up speed to communicate with more hughsnet professionals.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Teir 4 suport cannot install my ht1100 modem

I did as instructed programed the latitude and longitude into the modem. and also if this is the case and normal why doesn't the tier 4 support tech not know these things? Why would they expedite a modem to me if it cant be installed for most of a week? why did they tell me to call back when it arrives to set it up?

Ran out of data so went from a blazing 149 kbps to 89, this is great and all for the low price of just under $900.00 a year. 4 + years now, Im sure I bought a college education in India for a Hughes net employee by now.

Sorry bill for the hard to answer questions.

Alum

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting. Most modems sent out to our customers are normally able to be configured with little effort. However every site is different. In your case sending out a tech was the last resort, but I'm glad that something is being done. As Bill mentioned, once the tech arrives it shouldn't be long until he gets your new modem back up and running. Feel free to let us know how the visit went.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok so everything was fine for a day or two, now more problems with Hughes net, slow lllooonnngggee lage time state codes so I called and they said they were having problems with the "satellite beam" and to wait until Thursday morning and it should be cleared up. have had to reboot the modem a few time already. yea so I am not happy with the new modem.
Assistant Professor

HT1100 is the best modem. If there are other problems on your beam/gateway then they will have to correct it. This ain't cable internet.

I have never had cable or DSL ever in my life. I do know that you can get too many people on a satellite if a co. was out to make as much money as possible. when I first switched to gen 4 it was a really great useable internet then slowly over 2 years turned into slow as dial up crap and still with a new modem doesn't compare to the way it was.

Assistant Professor

Well, about all the advise I can give is you need to do a lot of speed tests at different times of the day. If you work during the day then do some before you leave, do some when you come home, do some before you go to bed. Three or four each time spaced several minutes apart.

My test just now which actually reports lower than true speed. Testmy.net tests come back closer to my real speed.

PS: My recent experience:  https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/bit-by-the-slow-daytime-and-nighttime-speed-bug

SO then I take it you don't think I know what slow speed is? I have to spend all my time doing speed test for $70 a month? will this get rid of the red and yellow state codes? Where are you from? you seem to be misunderstanding the situation here. ITS BROKE!!

Alum

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update on your performance. From looking at your account, I noticed that your gateway had an outage yesterday due to weather. The agent was correct in informing you of this. Today your diagnostics show no state codes but it seems our system may still be catching up. We will need you to run some speeds tests. It is the nature of the beast when it comes to satellite internet, and we understand that running tests on your end is not ideal. However they are necessary in allowing us to better understand your performance concerns. 

I see you have already registered for the customer support center. So once logged in you'll need to navigate here:

We'll need about 3-5 tests throughout the day. Few in the morning, afternoon, and at night. Once their done post back so that we can evaluate them. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,
Chris