Hughesnet Community

Terrible Service. Awful Awful awful get out now!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angrycon192
Freshman

Terrible Service. Awful Awful awful get out now!!!

I am very frustrated... I've spoken to two techs, and no one can help me. I cannot pay for service I cannot use. It's useless. Can't connect my phone. Doesn't load video. Doesn't load Netflix. I've been begging- Please, send a technician to look at the satellite dish. It's so close to the trailer. Its not working. It's not fair.. Please, fix this. It's just so unfair. Am I really expected to pay for something I don't use? Am I trapped in a contract? Trapped using something and paying for something I can't use? Do you guys desire for me to suffer and pay? I am so disappointed and dissatisfied with you guys. It's terrible and despicable  to even suggest I should pay for something broken. Inoperable. Completely horrible and useless. 

I can send pictures and video on how awful the service is. Please, either let me out without fee, fix it, or something cause it's not right or justifiable.  By the way- For their mistake they expect Me to pay them 125 for something I didn't even do. The dish is staring at the trailer. Extended towards the trailer. Also ridiculously close to the trailer. I feel scammed!!!

27 REPLIES 27
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your frustration is understandable. Please give the HughesNet reps on this site ( @Liz , @Remy ) time to check your case and get back to you with next steps. They're here M-F during business hours and typically reply within 48 hours.  They may need account info from you, and if they do, they will ask that you send it to them privately. If you have any  case numbers from your calls, please post them, as that will speed up the process, but other than that, please hang in there until you hear from the reps. 

dpoe001
New Poster

i have been waiting for three months for service they like to cancel the service tickets for no reason!!! i get maybe 1 or 2 days a month(have to climb up a ladder on my roof play with the dish that was anchord so poorly to my roof, was told by installer it had to go on roof there would be no leaks and no problems) nightmare ever since.

maratsade

Did you want to have the reps on this site look into this? If so, please create a new thread by going to the main Tech Support page and clicking on the blue button labeled "Start a topic."  They can check into all this for you, but they do need a separate ticket. 

@dpoe001 wrote:

i have been waiting for three months for service they like to cancel the service tickets for no reason!!! i get maybe 1 or 2 days a month(have to climb up a ladder on my roof play with the dish that was anchord so poorly to my roof, was told by installer it had to go on roof there would be no leaks and no problems) nightmare ever since.

Your "playing" with the dish more than likely made it worse. There is no way you can accurately point it.

Never touched dish. 

maratsade

Gokartergo was responding to the other person who said they had tried to fix the dish. 🙂

@Angrycon192 wrote:

Never touched dish. 

Good morning Angrycon192,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly help you out here. I pulled up your account to run diagnostics and the HughesNet equipment is working well, currently delivering 32.29 Mbps in download speeds to the HughesNet modem.

I also see that there's a Roku smart TV connected via the 2.4 GHz network which also has a healthy connection to the network. 

Where shall we start? You initially mentioned not being able to connect a phone, I'm assuming you mean it's not connecting to the wifi network? Please try these steps to connect to the wifi network and let me know where exactly in the process you run into a roadblock. If you see any error messages, please also let me know what they are to help me narrow my focus.

If you rather look into the Netflix issue, please provide me with more details so I get a better idea of what's happening. Are you trying to stream Netflix via the Netflix app on that Roku smart TV? 

If so, is the smart TV software up to date? Do the individual apps on the smart tv need to be updated separately? If so, make sure Netflix is updated.

Another thing to try in the meantime is test plugging in the tv directly into the modem temporarily for troubleshooting purposes. While directly connected with an ethernet cable, any difference in accessing/streaming Netflix?

What exacly happens when you try to open Netflix? Does it even open? Or does it just buffer when you try to watch something? Any error messags? If so, what?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Perhaps I was a little rash, and flew off the handle a bit... I have yet to try directly plugging in the TV. I will update you on the progress. In the interim: It works a little bit. I never have trouble in the mornings to be honest. It's the night where it becomes an issue. Its very likely the area is all Hughesnet and the bandwidth is suboptimal, but... I may be incorrect on this too. Seeing how solutions have been offered and a level of care demonstrated I will definitely pay my bill today.

maratsade

"It's the night where it becomes an issue. Its very likely the area is all Hughesnet and the bandwidth is suboptimal"

If the issue is worse in the evening, this suggests congestion. Since the bandwitdh must be shared by all subscribers in the area, the more subscribers using the bandwidth at the same time, the less there is for everyone, and the more it affects performance. This is especially so when people are doing data intensive tasks such as streaming. 

So poor performance unanticipated I suppose means too bad? Your stuck with inferior product based on ineptitude to read further on all the details? Better luck next time?? Sounds pretty fair paying for something I can't use all the time. I am better off just sticking to mornings on my days off instead of using something I pay for normally. It's cheap, I get what I pay for.

maratsade

I hope you read the disclaimers on the website and on the subscriber agreement. Satellite internet is not ideal for streaming, and depending on many factors, service varies, which is why performance is not guaranteed. They don't hide this, it's both on the website and is part of the legally binding subscriber agreement.

Nope I guess I'll treat it like a credit card or payment plan or debt contract? Let's go with debt contract. Wonderful!

Hi Angrycon192,

Thanks for trying. Let me inquire with our engineers to see how congestion is in your area. To me it doesn't seem like an equipment issue if you're able to stream on your smart TV over wifi. I'll keep you posted once I have any news to share.

Your patience is much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Angrycon192,

Thank you so much for your patience while our engineers investigate. They're still looking into this, but so far they haven't found anything yet that raises red flags on our side. I'll keep you posted on our progress as I get more news.

-Liz

Hi Angrycon192,

Thank you so much for your patience while our engineers continue to investigate. After a meeting with them yesterday they still have not found any particular reason on the network for the cause of your concerns. While they continue to look into this I've applied a discount on your account for the next 6 months; you'll see this on your next bill.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Angrycon192,

If you're up for it, our corporate engineers are offering to do live troubleshooting if you're still experiencing performance issues. Just let me know your availability.

Thanks,

Liz

Sure- available Monday Tuesday around noon 

Thanks Angrycon192, I let the engineers know and will let you know if they can get on a call then or if they have other ideas.

-Liz

Hi Angrycon192,

Just got confirmation, we're a go for next Monday at 12 pm CT/1 pm ET. Our engineers will call you at the number on file ending in 35. If there is a different number they should be calling, please privately message me with that phone number. If you're unavailable for the live troubleshooting session, please let me know ASAP so we can reschedule.

Thanks,

Liz

Ok sounds good 👍