Terrible Service and No Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afisher1
New Poster

Terrible Service and No Update

The internet service has never worked properly. I am unable to stream video and internet browsing is slow. I called and opened a ticket on January 18, 2018 regarding slow internet (Ticket #108930541) A technician ran a test and saw that the internet was slow, it was referred to the engineering department. I was told that I would not be charged for the service until it was fixed. This ticket is still outstanding and the internet has not been fixed. I have called back multiple times (as recently as today) and there is still no resolution or fix for the problem, nor do I have any update. On January 26, someone from Hughesnet called me to tell me that it would take another week or so and told me I would receive a 50% discount for the following six months. On February 11th, I called again to check on the status and the technician on the phone was unable to provide an update. On February 12th, I was billed for the full monthly cost. Today I called customer service again and was told there is still no update from the technical engineering team. Then I was transferred to billing to deal with the erroneous charge to my account. I was told that the charge could not be reversed but received a credit for the month of March to make up for it. I also asked to be unenrolled from automatic billing, because clearly I cannot trust the billing department to do what was promised. At this point I was told that I would have to pay an extra 5 dollars per month, despite it being Hughesnet’s fault (not mine) that I can no longer trust the company with my credit card information. I was given another half month credit to cover billing payments. Additionally, the promised 50 percent 6-month  discount had not been applied to my account. The most they were willing to offer me was $30 per month. I do not want to continue to pay for an unusable internet service. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service. I expect the service to be fixed by the end of the month or I want the contract cancelled at no cost to me. HughesNet is not providing me the service I am paying for and therefore the contract is null. I have not received a satisfactory response from anyone at the company.

0 REPLIES 0