cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service

Terrible Service

This has been, by far, the worst internet service I've ever had...and I've had Comcast. The speeds vary wildly even though I'm paying $100 a month for upgraded speed and data. And speaking of data... I was terribly mislead by the saleswoman on the phone. She assured me that 15 GB a month would be more than plenty enough for average internet usage. The installer told me the same thing. Yet the data usage just doesn't match up. Aside from casual surfing and checking emails for less than an hour a night, I don't have the time to use the internet much, but somehow the data is gone in no time. My girlfriend managed to use all 15 GB streaming 6 hours of movies in only two days time after our billing period renewed, and the saleswoman explicitly said that my package was perfect for streaming movies. It's one lie after another with these people. Nothing about their service could ever support "average" internet usage for a month. And to even purchase enough data to support a month's worth of usage from them would cost more than all my other expenses combined. This is the most greedy company I've ever dealt with. They'll climb hand over fist to help you give them more money but the second you require actual help, nothing works. Forget calling tech support. Your call will be routed somewhere far, FAR East to people who, God bless them, can barely speak English and are unfortunately trained to regurgitate pre-written responses to troubleshooting questions instead of being able to approach your problem from outside the box. I would honestly prefer DSL to this, and when I get my chance, I'm making the switch.
5 REPLIES 5
Assistant Professor

Re: Terrible Service

Dan, this may be of interest: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

Here is what appears in my settings for choices. Notice I didn't sign up for HD streaming, it is grayed out. HD can use up to 3GB/hour. You're either going to have to learn how to manage your data or cancel HughesNet.

We have a 50 GB allowance and it's still not enough!

Hmmmm...never looked at it that way...thanks for the new perspective...
Alum

Hello Dan

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this. I want to assure you that we are here to help and address your concerns. We will request a sales call review and investigate on your behalf. If the service was misrepresented, we will see what we can do for you. To quickly pull up your account information, please post a recent case # or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem.Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

- Chris
WJA

Hughesnet isn't for movie watching and a lot of streaming. The system isn't designed for that kind of thing. It offers a service that we wouldn't have in the areas the big box cable providers don't give a damn about. Frankly if they did come to my location tomorrow I would tell them to take a hike. Being able to watch movies and do unlimited streaming would be nice but I can live without it. I'm glad to have my email, news feeds and be able to work from home. It's what I understood Hughesnet offered when I signed up. If I want to watch a movie I get it from Redbox or buy it. I's love more data and more speed but faced with what is available without Hughesnet (nothing) I have no complaints. I too would rather deal with English speaking CSRs and don't understand why Hughesnet doesn't bring that back to the U.S. I do that kind of work from home and Hughesnet could do it as well.