cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

Terrible service

Another night with download speeds under 2mg.....we have only had the service for 6 weeks and very disappointed.....never again.
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Terrible service

So are you just venting?   

If so, it's too bad, as you could be using your energy to get help.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Advanced Tutor

@Frustrated40023, Hi! Would you like some suggestions to help you improve your speed? It would be helpful if you could tell us about your setup. What devices do you have and what are you primarily using them for?
Advanced Tutor

Oh, I forgot to say, you should probably post this under "tech support." Thanks!

Hi Frustrated40023,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I've moved your post to our Tech category for better visibility. To get started and resolve your concerns quickly, I'll need some information from you. Please follow the instructions below:

-So we can begin addressing your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account and run 3-5 tests during different parts of the day.

-Post your test results link here in your thread.

-Please keep in mind that HughesNet will only accept testmy.net and the official HughesNet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

-Most important points to remember during this test:

-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)

-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan

-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file

-Space each test at least 5 minutes apart -post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://hninfo.us/speedtest

Thank you,

Amanda

Highlighted

They dont care, I need mine for medical reporting for my heart and insulin, too slow to use, not up to speed quoted, very rude. Dont use them. Reporting them to consumer Afairs for serrvice, promised speed, not truthful advertising.

I used 4 different speed tests, all under promised speed, was on the phone 3-4 hours and was  hung up on 3 times. Not resolved, contacting consumar affairs and filing suit.

Tags (1)
Professor

" filing suit"

No, you won't.  Dispute resolution is by binding arbitration only.

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Since you made it all the way to the community, why don't you try to improve your service by opening starting a new thread and explaining what issues you're seeing? 

Senior Instructor

@StephenKirchner

1. This is not social media, so people just piling onto someone else's post with non-descript complaints doesn't get anywhere.

2. Promised speed was a maximum of ('up to') 25Mbps, not a minimum. So yes, they are essentially giving you promised speed.

3. Not to beleager the point, why not do what @Amanda (and everyone else) recommended to the original poster. She's a moderator here and has a direct link to the company. Start a new topic here without the arrogant misplaced threats, and do the speed tests as requested.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

Thats for the att. general consumer affairs office to decide. If it is unsatisfactory service with ridiculous low speeds she will have a case to present. I had the same problems with exede and my problems were resoluted through the att. general when the company itself offered no resolution to the problem. People shouldn't be misled to get that contract signed and money wrapped up with unsatisfactory business practices. We pay for the service, the company should recognize the shotty speeds and work on fixing the problem. Not telling people to run this and that when support can clearly see whats going on each call. It'll probably be interesting to see just how many complaints hughesnet does have with consumer affairs.