Thank You to Michael Reyes of Brownsville, Tx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Thank You to Michael Reyes of Brownsville, Tx

I called HN Monday night to negotiate an upgrade to Gen 5.  I didn't even realize at the time there was an additional cost for the modem.  Seems a little sneaky to say the plan is $69 but you have to find and read the small print that talks about buying or leasing the modem!  After 3 rounds of negotiating with Yazzie and his supervisor, I was upgraded to Gen 5 for free...no cost installation, no cost activation (didn't realize that was an extra cost too) and no charge for the modem.  Yes, I realize if the modem goes bad, I'll be reponisble for the repair/replace.  I'll cross that bridge if it happens.  Yazzie said someone would call me today (Wed) to set up an install appt.  No one called.  I called HN.  Spoke with two people at the Brownsville call center who said their supervisor said they could not do a free modem EVEN THO they clearly saw it in the notes of my case #.  I would have to speak to a supervsor from the Phillipines (the call center where Yazzie works).  My 3rd attempt to reach the Phillipines also resulted in connecting with Brownsville.  This time I got Michael Reyes.  Repeated my story.  He looked at the notes and said he was going to give me what Yazzie and his supervisor said I could have.  It took over an hour to complete but he did it.  Install date is April 4.  I asked for an email confirming the details.  He said his supervisor would be sending it out.  Not sure I'll get it but everything is recorded and documented and I have names if I have to call corporate or the B B B.  Hopefully everyone will do what they said they'd do.  So...

Upgrade to Gen 5 on the new satellite

No cost to me for modem, install or activation

20GB/month

$50/month for the first year

$70/month after that

Yazzie Parker is the name of the agent I talked to first in the Phillipines.  He and his supervisor offered the deal originally but no one ever called to set a date for the install.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi monicakm,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We appreciate you sharing your Gen 5 experience, we take all Gen 5 upgrade experiences seriously so I discussed your story with management. I'm glad you're already scheduled for your Gen 5 installation. If you have any concerns, please come back to the community and we'll take care of you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz.  I do have an concern.  If I've read correctly, some people are upgrading to Gen 5 but remaining on the old satellite? If that's so, how can I be assured I'm on the new Jupiter 2?  I requested that but I want to be able to know for sure I was re-pointed to the new satellite?   I hate to be so super cautious but I've had several bad experiences with HN that make me be sure that I've covered evey aspect, hold on to case #s, take names and write down EVERYthing. 

Thanks

If they move you to another bird it will be easy to tell

One easy way is to take a sharpie and mark the elevation, skew and azimuth positions. Another way is to take pictures of the settings. Of course thats if you can physically get close enough to the dish and its not in a unsafe place.

Hi Monica,

Perhaps they were mistaken, but currently for all Gen 5 upgrades, we're putting them all on the new EchoStar 19 satellite and providing HT2000w WiFi modems. We won't be providing Gen 5 plans on the older, EchoStar 17 satellite for a while.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!