cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Performance Con!

The Performance Con!

Too all of you struggling with unacceptable performance let me explain to you what Hughes Net refuses to tell you based upon my more than 20 years of experience managing international telecommunication networks. When your up and down load performance is not meeting the promised speeds it is not due to your computer, home wireless router, or the program you are running. The lack of speed is due to network congestion - Hughes has sold more capacity than their network satellites or back haul can handle. The best analogy is you are stuck in an invisible traffic jam. Your data allocation is being chewed up by the constant re-transmission of data as your computer attempts to find an opening in the traffic to get your data through. Your car is stuck in traffic idling away the gas in your tank! So in addition to not enjoying your experience your money is getting sucked up by Hughes Net for the delivery of nothing. By selling you a larger data allowance they pocket more money but you really are just paying to spin the tires while your car goes nowhere. These tests they want you to repeatedly perform over the course of the day serve two purposes: 1) They keep you engaged to give you the feeling they are trying to resolve your issue which it will not, and 2) They are hoping you get the hint that if you use your system during “slow” traffic periods or when your performance is best you will go away. Unless they dispatch a technician, your problem is not your home equipment but rather their network. What can you do? Your only options are to find another company or means to access the internet and complain to your state’s regulatory agency. In short – fire Hughes Net. While I know this does not provide you an immediate resolution but hopefully you now better understand the con Hughes Net is pulling on you while they pick your pocket.