cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all to familiar problem, slow - slow - slow

Junior

Re: The all to familiar problem, slow - slow - slow

That is exactly what I expected would happen if I tried to communicate directly with CL.   I feel the frustration.

I guess the solution, at this time, is to live with the problem and hope the providers (user and backbone) will get their act together.

Will post any future developments in my quest.

Woody - KZ4AK

Assistant Professor

Just to show how positively schizophrenic this whole problem is: I've not been able to trace a delay nor has there been any problem with any of my twitter bots today. Go figure.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Junior

Interesting...  It seemed that a little earlier there was less "waiting" for returns from sites, then I saw your post.  Watched several youtubes as a crude check.   The first few exhibited almost no buffering.  As time went on (now 7:45 PM Eastern) more and more buffering occurred.  Still not as bad as it often has been...

Schizo  or mutiple personality disporder?   Smiley Wink

_W_

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Evenings will still get somewhat congested, and it tends to get worse as Winter sets in, especially on days that NFL and College football is on: Thursday and Monday nights, most of Saturday, and practically all day Sunday. It's like clockwork. Lucky for me if I ever need to stream a football game (the round kind) it's on GMT, not EST. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Two of 3 LatestBots failed thusfar today, so I suspect CL is acting up.

Junior

I find it hard to believe that HN is not (apparently) effectively dealing with the CL issue. If they are , they are keeping it secret as far as users are concerned. The method used by phone tech support is to basically ignore my complaints about throughput performance if the speed test is OK. They even failed to call back as promised during my last two contacts. Measured speed is important, but obviously not the only consideration. Good luck! Woody - KZ4AK