cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dish was installed aimed directly at an old farmhouse.

carmenshenk

Re: The dish was installed aimed directly at an old farmhouse.

Hey Chris, I haven't heard anything from you in three days.  I'm just checking in to see if there is anything you can do to make this situation better.  It's been a crazy ride.  Hope you are ok.
Carmen
carmenshenk

Thanks Brandon.  That's why we chose a spot in the clearing near our house with a direct line of sight in the same direction as our dish is currently pointed.  There is no farm house in the way, no trees.  But without visiting, the Oracle says it won't work there.  I don't know.  The whole thing just baffles me. 
carmenshenk

When my husband communicated with Oracle that there was no need to send an installer if all he will do is talk and bury a cable, the lady was so delighted.  He said she sounded so glad to lose us as customers.

Oracle has a pretty sweet deal.  They show up, botch the install, and get paid.  Then they miss appointments, and show up without appointments repeatedly, without ever fixing anything.  Then they get paid again to remove the gear.

Nice racket.
carmenshenk

I've read through some other threads briefly and the Hughes Net Reps really are helpful and responsive.  It's pretty impressive, to be honest.  Just a glance through the community shows so many unhappy customers, so it is a tough job.  I haven't gotten a response here in three days so I'm just wondering if I'm holding out hope for nothing.  If anyone has an idea that may help, I'd like ot hear it.  I really really really don't want to have to drive into town each day to get internet. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi carmenshenk,

I've been investigating this and from what I can see on our side, the tech came out and saw nothing wrong with the install. These are the techs exact notes from my dispatch.

Installer : David,Shumway (540)8257303 Resolution:NO REPAIR - NO PROBLEM FOUND Res. NotesSmiley Frustratedystem has good LOS and is Grounded to NEC and Hughesnet Standards. Trailor fed from house with direct plug in so System was grounded at main power meter as required RESID=[480024-1468513931]  Install/Repair complete

Here are some screenshots from this specific techs visit. 

As you can see the line of sight is clear. Seems like a clean install. I currently see no communication form you diagnostics, however please make sure that everything is connected correctly in your home. This tech mentioned that you were not home at the time this visit was done. Can you provide screenshots of the modem unit and how it is connected? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Gokartergo

And to answer your other question. No.  The pole itself is not a acceptable ground.. Not by Hughesnet standards or the NEC. It must be bonded to the house grounding.
carmenshenk

I wish they could have communicated that at the beginning.  We went up the chain to Mr. Gonzales in Texas who said it should have been grounded to the pole.  And after we told them that the home owner didn't want that house touched, it would have been nice if they had at least communicated that to us up front.  We could have saved ourselves two months of trying to communicate with the sleeping giant that is Hughes Net.
carmenshenk

Thanks for your response Chris.  My husband and I really appreciate everything you did to try to resolve the problem.  Dealing with Oracle was horrible from day one, and nobody was able to offer us an alternative.  Quite honestly, the fact that those photos were taken when we were away from the property makes them suspect, especially since they show something different than what I observe when I look at the equipment.  But it doesn't matter now.  I can't waste any more time trying to get the quality service we expected, two and half months of trying was quite long enough.

Right now I have a different issue I would like to bring to your attention.  The website says the termination fee is $400.  The gentlemen at Hughes Net that my husband spoke to yesterday said they would waive this fee.  Now I see on the account that $395 was charged, and a credit applied of $385 leaving a balance of $10.  Will there be further credit applied to cover the whole fee?
Chris11
Alum

Hi carmenshenk,

I'm glad we were able to clear this up for you. I'll look into your billing info and see what was done and get back to you on the fee left over. 

- Chris
Chris11
Alum

Gokartergo,

A pole mount is completely acceptable. I'm not sure what you mean. 

- Chris