The new Hughesnet Status meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darwinlee
New Poster

The new Hughesnet Status meter

Hi . I had the same situation. I downloaded the update on my 32bit system . When I went to install it was for 64 bit system ,  so I installed it on my #2 computer 64bit W8.1 . so I will just wait until my Meter offers another update so as to get the 32 bit . I have no sense of urgency to update . After installing on my 64bit system  it looks and acts the same . My suggestion is ok good people fret not and be patient , I know it was a pain to download and do the repeat install etc but it will correct itself . My only concern is the 80 MB of download it took . And now I will have to use another 80 or so to get a 32bit later ? I actually feel that since they recommend and urge us to use it , the download should not go against out daily / monthly data limits .
14 REPLIES 14
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you need the older Hughesnet meter that works on a 32 bit Windows system, it's here...

http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/zjZNJSle/file.html

GW
Advanced Tutor

I used the 64 bit for a day or two but didn't like the really goofy looking set of processes it was running. What possible benefit could there be to a 64 bit status meter vs a 32 bit status meter? If it ain't broke, don't keep screwing with it until it is. Illusory superiority 🙂
maholland

Gabe,  Have a link for the 32 bit meter that doesn't want you to install junkware?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

No junkware in that file, I uploaded it myself.
GW
Advanced Tutor

I wonder if zippyshare modified it for you? Do those service providers keep them clean?

I have versions from 6.0 through 6.2-something  I'm running 6.0.0 now
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Oh well, yea it now redirects to some other junk. Good while it lasted.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I suggest that you go to:

https://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Create user accounts and PM each other so you can privately share (throw-away) email addresses and then send the executable as an attachment.

GW
Advanced Tutor

I've done that before at the shack.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Sadly the Shack is now closed. DSLR remains as a neutral ground with a PM function.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Ricky reopened it yesterday. Not sure if it's permanent or just for the benefit of our resident troll so he can join and be banned.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

At issue GW is the fact that most users these days do not care about understanding how their systems work and what "tools" they had available to them.

The Shack was all about information and understanding. It also provided an avenue for more detailed one-on-one support for computer/network related issues that were not rooted in their Hughes connection.

Sadly, these days most users just want it "done for them" even though a peek at SCC would indicate a toggling of Web Acceleration or a Reset MBX could get them up and running within seconds.

The Shack: To much work, with too few people for to few interested users.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Ah.  So the link now takes users to something else.  Good to know.  I had downloaded it months back just for the sake of checking the download, but not recently.  I still have a copy of the 6.2 meter and still use it.  It's too bad that zippyshare would pull something like that. 
Amanda

Hi darwinlee,

We'll add a couple of tokens to help out with that 🙂 

As for the 32-bit download for the old status meter... I technically can't do it but in theory someone could upload the clean file to Dropbox or Google Drive... 

Thanks
Amanda
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Since Hughesnet has dropped support for 32bit systems in regards to the Status Meter, you should ignore the, "There's a new version, upgrade now!" message if you wish to continue using the Status Meter on a 32bit OS...

Here is the 32bit Windows version of the status meter, about 17MB in size: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvid59shy2yi7uf/HughesNet%20Status%20Meter.msi?dl=0