The new look has nothing but problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florek1
Freshman

The new look has nothing but problems

Since the new look took place I have had nothing but trouble.   I went to pay my bill today and first it would not take the information I gave it saying my account does not exist.  Then it took it and then I tried paying with the same card I have been using for 5 years and it said the card would not be accepted.  Tried chat and they are as stupid and can be and where not help.  Then she disconnected the chat.  So I was reading and someone said that they had to go back to the old pages and they where able to pay there so I used their link and guess what I had not problem at all.  The person on chat said there was something wrong with my credit card and there was no problem at all.  It was the new site that has the problem.  If you are going to change something make sure it works before launching it  LOL.  I have been a customer of Hughes for 4 years now and nothing but problems.  Also,  since the launch of the new site I have noticed that I am back to loosing allowance faster than normal.  I had this problem before and then it fixed it self after see I was not the only one and 6 months of complaining.  Please can someone please look into the problems that a lot of us are having and not ignore us.  And if you have a chat that is supposed to be helping us please make sure they are capable of it and more trained than they are I even asked her to check to see if there has been any other reports and she would not do so.  On a chat from 2 days ago ITold her I was thinking of going to another provider and she told be that was up to me if I wanted to use someone else now is that any way to treat a customer.  So I guess that Hughes has not problem loosing customers.
11 REPLIES 11
Chris11
Alum

Hello florek,

Thanks for posting. We understand your frustration. Although this is an odd occurrence. Have you attempted to use another browser? Clear cache, history, cookies, etc? A simple power cycle of the modem could potentially fix this as well. The only other thing that I can think of would have to be the registered email of the account you are using. Did you use a third party login when first signing up to the customer support center? Outside of this we would need some screenshots of the errors to better understand and pinpoint a fix for you.

As for data usage. The site itself would not increase your usage. Our page is not the only website you navigate to on the internet correct? There are plenty of factors that can cause unidentified data usage. Let's first make sure we get your account and billing straightened out. With some more info/screenshots we'll be able to better assist you.

Thanks,
Chris
florek1
Freshman

Please understand it was on a the new site that Hughes is now using.  Once I used the old page I had no problems what so ever went straight thru and the payment was made.  So it has to be it has to be the new look that is doing it.  I sometime wonder if Hughes reps read the whole thing before they answer it.  I tried it on 3 different browsers with no luck. I talk to chat they tried guiding me threw it no luck it was not until I started reading how other customers where having the same problems and they all found if they used the old page it worked just fine.  And then I went to log back into my account and it would not let me said it sent me a message thru email but I could not log on to read e mail.   SO I once again used the old page and it worked just fine got to the e mail and clicked on the confirmation for my account and was able to log in.  So I would say it is probably the new look especially since I am not the only one that is having problems.
florek1
Freshman

As far as usage it is all down hill as far as I am concerned.  I had the same problem about 2 years ago but it fixed it self and now the same thing is happening again and I noticed that others are having the same problem again.  SO it is not just me.
florek1
Freshman

Well I live in a very rural area of AZ and do not have a choice.  So I have to live with what ever they give me it just sucks that I pay close to $100 bucks and I get shitty service.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

florek1,

I had the exact same problem a week and a half ago (the payment problem, not the account not existing problem).  I went to make a payment using the same CC as always and it wouldn't take it.  I ended up making a manual payment over the phone. 

Also, a few days back, I had to help my stepfather change his payment method as his CC was nailed by nefarious people online.  It would NOT take his new form of payment, so he, too, had to call to have it changed. 

Something is going goofy for some with the payment system.  Hopefully my payment will go through next time. 

BTW, I've been with Hughesnet for twelve years and this is the first time I've experienced this problem.

florek1
Freshman

I ended up paying it on the old page that someone had posted the link to and did not have a problem with it all.  SO I know it is the new set up the has the problems.
Chris11
Alum

Hi florek,

We always read through and take into account everything that our customers say. I asked simple questions to deduce what may be causing your problem. You never mentioned using different browsers in your original message. Also, what you may perceive to be the cause without more information cannot be determined. So, if you've tried other browsers, cleared cache, etc. Next thing to do is post a screenshot of the errors that are received when trying to do it with the new website. Our developers will take it from there. If you don't mind doing this, please post them here and we'll see what we can do. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

When you say the old page, do you mean this, and the old sign on page the link takes you to?

I ask because if it doesn't work for me again next month I would like to try whatever it is that worked for you. 

chaquita16
Freshman

Hate to say it this don't work either. I still can not go to this page to pay my bill, I always get code 536 and I have to call in to make a payment this is BS I don't have time to call in every month to make a payment, they keep telling me that I don't have to but I do, they always lies to me every month on the problem.
chaquita16
Freshman

florek1, I still have to call in every month to make a payment, what they want is your information on your CC so they can take money out of your account. this is my second time with them. they told me that is the only way to pay your bill is over the phone if you don't want to give them your CC information. A few months back when I came back to them I paid what they told me to and a few days later they took more money out of my account. so if I was you don't let them have you CC information.
chaquita16
Freshman

Chris,

You guys need to fix the problem with paying your bill online so we don't have to call every month to pay. I guess what I am saying is that if we can't pay on line then it looks like you all don't want our payment, just saying. If we pay by slow mail it will be late and then we get a late charge added to our bill. So fix the dang problem so we can pay on line with out having to call in every month.