cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The server you are connecting to is slow

Assistant Professor

Re: The server you are connecting to is slow

Not being a jerk but my speed right now. Yes, about half my plan max but good for a Saturday night.

One more:

Junior

Hi christiane,

Sometimes it is your HughesNet connection that is slow. There are a myriad of factors which can affect your performance. One of these is rain/weather and for that there is no solution however, if you still are experiencing slow speeds not attributed to inclement weather then there is a problem. Check out my post on routers to be sure it is not your home network. If it's not your computers (another culprit I've not written about yet) and not your LAN then you need HN tech support........... 
In my experience, if you can get past the tier 1 support, HughesNet has some great customer service to help resolve your issues. I suggest that you give them a chance. 

Good luck
Don

Good morning Don!

I don't think I've seen you before, so welcome to our community! Glad to see you'll be sticking around to help, we could use your insight too! Thank you; looking forward to your posts.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Thank you Liz,

I enjoy the forum and look forward to helping all I can.

Don