Hughesnet Community

The truth

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fulseblo57

The truth

Look I live out in the middle of nowhere and can't get a line besides hughsnet and gonna tell you the truth not woth the money all I wanted was something to watch but PBS is better then watching three hours of good streaming then getting 20 second of a show then a minute of download time it sucks I wish I would have known how this was gunnar work b4 I got it so I didn't have to worry about the pain in the but of getting out of
5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Good morning fulseblo57,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly help address your speed concerns, to get started, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so we can properly evaluate your system performance:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart (3 tests will suffice)
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

How long have you had your system?

Which system do you have - is it the white modem or the gray modem?

Have you had this problem since the start, or did this begin recently?

Is it possible you used up all your data for the month and your connection has been throttled?
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Pawnee County

He could be trying to watch HD as well.

Hey Fulseblo be sure to only use SD as HD will buffer a lot and use up your data very very very very fast.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Satellite internet is not meant to be your sole source for TV and movie streaming, there is not enough data allowance for that.
Liz

Hi fulseblo57,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply back from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!