cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst internet I have ever had !

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: The worst internet I have ever had !

My 2 years will be up in Feb.  When I first signed up, the speeds were good, even during peak periods, but now almost 2 years later the speeds are extremely slow.  I am on the 50GB plan and always go over the 30GB mark, but have never reached 50GB.  There are cell towers out here and hot spot providers that I will research and switch to when my 2 years are up.  The things to look out for are how many devices does the hot spot equipment allow?  Right now I am at 10.  I can get faster rates than HN is providing during peak periods without any caps (unlimited) for about the same price they are charging me.  I can also take my hotspot with me anywhere.  Sounds like a no brainer.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree i had exceed but kept losing internet so i called hugesnet and talked to a guy who gave me the biggest line of BS every he lied through his teeth. to me

about how the service uses it and so it's fast what a bunch of crap.I told him exactly what i need it for a game called wartune. i use to win battles with exceed but now

i lose every time because by the time i get in the battle whom ever i am up againest has already killed me.i am not sure if i wouldn't be better off with dial up.

every time i see that commeicial about how fat hugesnet is i just get PO lies lies and more lies.I will be so glad when my contract is up i would rather lose connection every so offten than be this slow and i have lost connection with also

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

You're on a tech support site and all you do is whine and complain.  Why don't you ask for tech support?  There are so many sites where people gather to whine and complain while doing nothing to improve their situation...you may want to go there; you'll find your herd and all of you can whine together and see if that improves your service. 

If you stay here, show some intelligence and ask for support in the tech support area. 

And if the service is so disagreeable to you, why do you keep paying the company, month after month?  Cancel the service and go already.  No one is forcing you to stay. 

Highlighted
Freshman

Dude, I have called them countless number of times.  In fact they reduced my bill by $20 to try and compensate for their over subscription.  Please do not assume I am here to gripe.  I am offering a possibility of another ISP (hot spot).  As for my contract, as stated in my previous response, my contract is up in Feb.  I can then leave without penality.  Think of it this way, come Feb there will be 1 less subscriber competing for the HN oversubscribed and limited bandwith.  As for the show some intellegence part, you don't know me from Adam.  In this case, all you know to do is make wrong assumptions.

Have a nice life

Highlighted

Rosscast,

• I am not assuming you are griping.  I can see you are. Your post is gripe-y.
  • I do not know you from Adam.  Still, it is unintelligent for anyone to gripe and not seek solutions. 
  • If you're still under contract, you may be able to find solutions on this site.  You just need to create a post in the right section and explain what's going on, and give the HN reps here a chance to look into it.  If they can't fix your issues, they may consider doing way more than a monthly credit. 
  • Not sure what you mean when you say you're here to offer an ISP.  
  • I hear you about calling customer service. Since they're very limited in what they can do and serve as the bottomnest rung of the ladder, it can be frustrating communicating with them , and I'm sure you've had your fill and then some. 
  • This site is not phone customer service, though, and the reps here can are at the corporate level and can do way more than the people manning the phones can.  Give'em a chance is all I'm saying. 
  • I'm already having a pretty peachy life, but thank you all the same for the words.  God bless. 
Highlighted
New Poster

Yep, it is. And to the “call customer service” crowd, you call, they make things work, a little later, it slows down so much it’s not usable! We call 3 days in a row one time and magically it got fast while they were on the phone! So it can be faster if they want it to be. We also were not home for 4 days and somehow was burning data with no one there! It seems to just be an automatic countdown....
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Imagine thinking the phone support people have nothing better to do than to just yank people's chains, and that they have more control over the entire network (as a subcontractor no less) than they do.

Wow, just wow. Occam's Razor says "the simplest reason", not "the most concocted reason".

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

That was a no answer. The tech group were the ones on the phone, smarta__s. So yes, they temporarily fixed the slow issue 3 days in a row and yes our data went down while no one was home.... great no answer
Highlighted

criticalthinking.exe failed to launch

We get quite a lot here of those who are challenged in the critical thinking department, and who may think Occam's razor is a brand. Smiley Wink

@MarkJFine wrote:

Imagine thinking the phone support people have nothing better to do than to just yank people's chains, and that they have more control over the entire network (as a subcontractor no less) than they do.

Wow, just wow. Occam's Razor says "the simplest reason", not "the most concocted reason".

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: criticalthinking.exe failed to launch

@maratsade wrote:

We get quite a lot here of those who are challenged in the critical thinking department, and who may think Occam's razor is a brand. Smiley Wink

Especially when what they say makes absolutely no sense.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.