cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Theft. 1st month good second went to crap

? Theft. 1st month good second went to crap

My first month of service was good we ran out of data two days before rollover. Then I find out I was charged $1.90 without being told why or anything !!THEFT !! Now back to the bigger problem, my second month of service stared 3 days ago and now we have reached our data limit. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN! its like my devices just started using 5 times the data while connected
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: ? Theft. 1st month good second went to crap

For the first 20 days of your new service you get unlimited data, the meters will reset about once a day. After that your normal allowance kicks in. 

Your devices aren't using five times the data, the data is simply counting as it should, not unlimited.

Seems the word is still not getting out to new customers about this.

$1.90?

Log into your online account at My.HughesNet.com to check the billing statement. The charge  should be itemized.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Assistant Professor

Probably some state or local tax they missed.

That is what I think also $1.90 sounds like Tax the Tax on mine is like $1.72 this will vary depending on the State lived in.  It does seem though that the unlimited grace period should be explained at time of sale or install. 

Alan do you tell your customers about it when you sale or install a system?

Smiley Happy

As soon as we place an order, all my customers get a follow-up "Thank You" Email from me, containing their order details, terms and conditions, and some basic "Tips 'n Tricks to get them started:
Accessing Your Account Online - Once your new Gen4 system is installed and activated, you can go to My.HughesNet.com to register and login to your online HughesNet account. Here, you can download useful tools, purchase additional data if needed, and update your account and billing information. You will especially want to download and install the free HughesNet Status Meter to keep track of your data usage. Go here: home.myhughesnet.com/services.php

Keeping Track of Your Data Use -
To keep track of how much data you use per day, and what may be using it, we recommend you download and install the free program Glasswire, available at www.glasswire.com. Please note that Glasswire will track data use only for the computer on which it's installed. To track data on multiple devices, each device will need their own copy of this program or something similar. Your HughesNet modem will keep track of all data use on your system, and it can be accessed here http://192.168.0.1.

If you run out of data, you can purchase additional data through the HughesNet Status Meter, or by accessing your online account at My.HughesNet.com

Your First 20 Days of Service - Please note that, during your first 20 days of service, your monthly Data Allowance will be automatically reset each day to 100% as a courtesy to allow all of your connected computers and Internet devices to fully download updates they may have been missing without a high-speed Internet connection. Feel free to use this opportunity to download additional video or audio. After this initial period, your service will revert to using your standard monthly data allowance for your particular plan. 
I put this info ahead of the actual order details to help ensure it gets read.
Honorary Alumnus

That is defiantly the way all subscribers should be treated !

Great job Alan !!!!!!

I thought that would be the reply a shame HughesNet don't take heed and do the same thing.

Well, good for customers, yes.

But at least part of the reason I do this is preventative. The less customers know, the easier it is to get confused and start calling us or HughesNet. Helps reduce support calls and service cancellations, and frees us up to do other things.

If nothing else, I can point to the Emails that at least we tried.  

You've seen me write before that local providers, "have more skin in the game." But there's a limit to how much "skin" I can afford to put in Smiley Happy

Hi Alan

Can you email us a copy of this to communitysupport@hughes.com

Thanks Smiley Happy
Amanda