This Looks Unfortunate

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koser18
Sophomore

This Looks Unfortunate

I saw that a another customer had a similar screen shot to this one and he was getting a new/different modem. Is that something I should look into based on my screen shots?

Screenshot_20210603-085138.pngScreenshot_20210603-090104.png

Lacy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Most state codes are transitory and our general rule of thumb when investigating is that we don't dig in to details like this unless there is a problem that points us there. So if your internet is working fine, it's all good!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps like to consider each case individually, and it doesn't always lead to a modem swap. You will need to give a detailed account of the problem(s) you're experiencing and also take and post your own screenshots so the reps can look into your particular case.  

As far as I know, this is the 1st time those red X's have showed up. I'll periodically check on it and see if it's a recurring problem (maybe identify a pattern). If it is I'll make some notes; if the X's go away I won't bother the reps. Once again, thank you. Hopefully I won't become a Support Frequent Flyer on here. It's just so convenient to be able to type any question or concern and have it addressed so quickly - without wasting a lot of time on the phone. Whether people are happy with Hughes service or not, everyone on here has to agree the Hughes Community is an excellent resource.

Lacy
maratsade

Keep an eye on it and check to see what State Codes, if any, are present when you see an issue. Those Xs may reflect transitory states, too.  

The community saves a lot of time, and the HN reps here have more authority than the phone/chat reps, so it's a good place to come for tech or account help. 

Hi Koser18, 

Glad you found the community. Best to focus on how your internet service is performing. Is it working well? Or are you now finding certain internet activities challenging? What's the issue?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Appreciate your time. There are fewer X's now and my service seems ok. The latest state code was 12.8.7; now the state code is 0.0.0. I saw red across the board and panicked a little. There's a pie chart that says "Percent Time Spent in State (since startup)." There's a mauve colored portion that represents 58% of it and is labeled 24.1.1. Then 41% of it is green and says 0.0.0. I'm assuming green is good, but what percent is considered low/high?

Lacy

Most state codes are transitory and our general rule of thumb when investigating is that we don't dig in to details like this unless there is a problem that points us there. So if your internet is working fine, it's all good!

-Liz

GabeU

@Koser18 

It would be a good idea to edit the SAN out of your screenshots.  This is your account number, which should never be posted in public.

**BLEEP** I forgot about that. Have to get used to SAN = ACCT. Thanks for the reminder.

Lacy
GabeU

@Koser18 wrote:

**BLEEP** I forgot about that. Have to get used to SAN = ACCT. Thanks for the reminder.

Just in case, you can edit your posts by clicking on the three dots to the upper right of the post.  You can then use Paint in Windows or Preview on a Mac to erase or block over the SAN.

I was just now searching Help trying to see how to edit that. I'm on my phone right now so I'll switch to the laptop. Thank you!

Lacy