cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting way too difficult.....keep getting kicked off, no matter what browser I'm using.

This is getting way too difficult.....keep getting kicked off, no matter what browser I'm using.

This getting way out of hand. First, I don't get the speed I was promised........ok, but then I start losing data. I have idea where because I have a mac so it's apple fault, but then Windows 10 is stealing data faster than my mac. So,............find a way to pace myself. Let's see, I receive 10GB's each month.........divided by 30 days = 333.33 a day, but if I watch a movie on Netflix, even at SD, that's 250mb's per hour(as posted by a champion). So,..............the movie better not be longer than an hour and twenty minutes and I wouldn't be allowed the use of the net for the rest of the day and make sure you don't use a laptop, or cell phone, or any other device (including a refrigerator) that can be pickup by the wifi. Of course, that may not be a problem because you'll keep getting kicked off the web, so; that should save some data, but you are paying twice as much for Hughednet...........so what's the problem!!!!!!!!!!
38 REPLIES 38
Associate Professor

Re: This is getting way too difficult.....keep getting kicked off, no matter what browser I'm using.

How are you getting kicked off?  When this happens, what lights are lit on the modem?  Have you tried visiting http://192.168.0.1 when you "get kicked off" to check what your status is at the top?  Both icons should be lit green, if either is yellow, or red, you could be having issues.

Also, speeds are advertised as UPTO, and are not promised.

As for your data loss concerns, please perform the following to start the troubleshooting process.

Re: This is getting way too difficult.....keep getting kicked off, no matter what browser I'm using.

Respectfully as I can I'm telling you right now the young lady said that I would maintain 10Mbps...............GUARANTEED. I repeated that back to her 2 or 3 times and the answer was yes, yes & yes. I knew was incorrect but hope abounds and all was good until 2 weeks into the contract. I did bluster, scream or otherwise behave in a  rude manner. Frontier was degrading badly with no solution in  sight. So, I took a gamble on the only other option available to me and I'm realizing my mistake. That said...............

Checked http://192.168.0.1 , all green............

As far as checking the data, I have 6-700mb's left and am due to leave for an assignment Sat or Sun and not return until next month.

tw
Assistant Professor

Could you explain  "you'll keep getting kicked off the web". And as respectfully as I can I'm telling you that you have to manage your data for the month. How it is on a metered service.

Welcome back tw,

I'm in the same boat as sgoshe, I'm most concerned with your connectivity concern. This wasn't the case when we first started working on addressing your speed concerns (the thread of which is still here, have speed tests? https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/intermittent-download-speeds)

What are you doing when you get kicked off?

When did these disconnects first start for you?

Does this happen on certain websites or any websites?

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Does this happen consistently during a certain time of day?

Next time this happens, please check the SCC (192.168.0.1) and see what the status is and post it here.

What happens at this moment of getting kicked off, do you get an error message? Please be descriptive.

I ran some new diagnostics on your site to be sure nothing new came up since the last time they were run, and all still looks good with the HughesNet equipment.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hello TW!

In addition to the information collection as posted by Champ Charles, I would be interested in knowing what all devices communicate on your network (Be specific, ie: 2 Mac's, a PC, a PlayStation, etc.).  Is your WiFi network secured?  Do you have any computers or devices hardwired to a router or switch?  Basically, with all this, we would like to see a Birdseye view of your network.  You give us the pieces and we can put it together to see what may be causing the above issues.

Thank you!

That statement might have been warranted when we discussed the possibility with the Hughesnet sale staff but at present it's just a shallow remark......of which you may keep to yourself please. 
Honorary Alumnus

All right, let ME rephrase it:

You described your core problem as "kicked off"

Loss of service could be due to many factors and manifest itself in many ways.

It would help if you could post something a little more descriptive than "kicked off" to describe what is happening.

Sorry Liz,

It's just that I'm having more problems crop up than I have had time to deal with. The speed problem still exists but it is infrequent, although when it does occur it is in the evening hours. I've tried to run speed tests........ Firstly, the hughesnet site will not allow me run a speedtest because of a problem with JAVA. Secondly, I've tried to be conservative in my use of speedtests, as I have become far more concerned with the loss of data usage. I unplugged everything the last time I went on the road and there was no significant data loss but I'm still bleeding from somewhere  and it frustrates me to no end. If I could just identify why but all of the suggestions I've received thus far pertain to PC's

The latest manifestation(getting booted off web) has also been infrequent but as equally irritating. I used safari, firefox as well as google with the same results. I paraphrase "the web page could not be located" or something  like it.

I've tried to cruise the comments of others in the  hopes of uncovering any morsels that might be of value. I find that there are others with concerns.......some warranted,, some not. I have noticed that those who claim that sales made claims that weren't true are met with "they would never say that".................................."Well, they would". I understand sales and the best analogy I've heard to describe sales is listening to a guy trying to get a date with a pretty girl......................understand. Things are said.................and I don't(or at least hardly ever) get upset especially when I know better.

On the other hand the unknown is another problem. A little information in the beginning will prevent a lot of problems and I don't mean the funny little routine the young lady performed at the end to explain all the exceptions to the rule. A three minute speech recited in 45.2 seconds...............anyhow, I was to be on the road this weekend but has been moved back a week.

Hello Marcus,

My desk top, my wife's toshiba laptop with windows 8.1, a Netgear router(password protected) with a switch to disconnect from hughesnet satellite and I believe one of my cameras(Canon SuperShot G16) its wifi enabled...............nothing else, barring a TV or refrigerator. I'm not sure how you can tell.

tw