Hughesnet Community

This is the worst internet i have ever had, how do i cancel without problems from the company?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwabobbyl

This is the worst internet i have ever had, how do i cancel without problems from the company?

There is not enough data every month to use more than about 3 days or less. How can I cancel this dis-service. I am on a fixed income and I wish I had cable internet or even dial up might not be this bad.
13 REPLIES 13
beckylbarnhill

I am wondering how to do this also. I am so tired of spending hours upon hours with tech support to figure out why I have spikes in my usage when I am not even on the internet or at home sometimes when this happens. I have a couple times a month used up to 6 GB with in a 12 hr. period. all I do is facebook and pay my bills on here and occasionally surf the web. My wifi is secure and password protected plus live in the middle of woods with closest neighbor being about a mile away. Anyways, I would love to get out of my contract also without having to pay out my ass for it. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

nwabbyl,

We ALL wish we had cable available but ....

If sat is your only option you have to learn how it works and how to get the best out of it,

It IS true that Sgoshe posted I should get the Hughesnet Miser Data Award  it does beg the following  question:

"What are you doing differently than me that your data is gone in 3 days or less ?"

Somewhere there is a middle ground, somewhere there is a reason.

Chris11
Alum

Hi nwa,

3 days is a very short time. What are your habits online? What do you use your service for mainly? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
kg1958

Hughes Net Gen 4 SUCKS! It is worst than dial up. My husband has tried to get me to cancel this DIS-SERVICE of internet for a long time. I think it was faster before we went to gen 4 but not much. It takes forever to get on internet and to open an email is awful! I unpluged Hughes net box and used a verizon Jet Pack of a friend just to see if it worked, and everything opened real fast. Emails loaded real quick. If you find out how to get out of contract let all us know.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Care to start your own post? Believe it or not some of us other customers may be able to help. Have you connected your computer directly to the modem? What are your speeds? What plan do you have? 
ally232

You don't give a crap about your customers!
bennett55

Hughesnet is crap I do online classes for two schools and I use up my Data usage in 10days to 2 weeks. Can't even use with DirectV to download movies or TV shows and they are partnered with them as a package. I never had any problems with Clear Wire but they pulled out of the Rural Area where I live. And who in the Hell is up btwn 2am and 6am to use the Bonus Bytes. You must work for the Company or get free internet to get on here and sing them Praises!!! Sometimes I can't even get pages to load at all or emails to even open with the smart browsing after I am out of my anytime bytes. If they would just get rid of the Bonus Bytes and combine it into one then they would have a bunch of HAPPY CUSTOMERS!!!!
cjulie700

We are having the same problem. We paid for the fastest service and we do not even receive fast enough service to view a movie on amazon prime without it having to pause play pause play pause play. We have consulted tech support and we were advised to watch movies in the morning when there is less traffic using Hughes Net.
Mordacious

bennett55

I think you missed about 10 or 15 posts that are older than this one. Look a little harder I'm sure you can find them....

OR

You could actually start your own thread and tell us what your problem is and we might be able to help you, but that would be to hard wouldn't it? Posting in 5 month old threads isn't going to get you any help, but then you really don't want any do you?
Mordacious

cjulie

Posting in threads that are 5 months old and older just isn't cool.

How about starting your own thread and asking for help instead of just doing the "ME TOO", but then you might actually get some answers as to how to fix your issue.
Bobby Mercier

I would never connect my computer directly to a modem.  This gives your computer a publicly routable IP address, making it vulnerable to attacks.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It is only for testing plus there are many people who don't use routers and are always connected directly to the modem. It is why there is something called Firewall. Plus there is no publicly routed address with HughesNet, why most security cameras don't work. We are all behind a CGN. Hughes customers are actually safer when it comes to direct attacks.
Mordacious

Pour a little salt in the wound why don't you jezra?