cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the worst internet service EVER ! SLOW SLOW SLOW.

Professor

Re: This is the worst internet service EVER ! SLOW SLOW SLOW.

I remember those long waits.  Dial up was terrible.
Distinguished Professor IV

When my folks were still on dialup at this time last year, their connection was so slow and so bad that my stepfather would often lose things he had typed into Facebook that he was going to post.   Sometimes Facebook wouldn't even open at all.  It was ludicrous.   

Also, good luck keeping your computer up to date with dialup.    It's not happening these days. 

I gave up on dialup in 2004, but still had a 1.5Mbps legacy plan until Feb 2016.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When my folks were still on dialup at this time last year, their connection was so slow and so bad that my stepfather would often lose things he had typed into Facebook that he was going to post.   Sometimes Facebook wouldn't even open at all.  It was ludicrous.   

Also, good luck keeping your computer up to date with dialup.    It's not happening these days. 

I gave up on dialup in 2004, but still had a 1.5Mbps legacy plan until Feb 2016.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Perhaps no double posts with dialup.  LOL.  

Professor

I think the system felt your comment had to be emphasized, Gabe. LOL
Highlighted
Professor

Also, good luck keeping your computer up to date with dialup.
I had a Mac update that was several gigs.  I think dialup would not have been up to the task.