cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site can’t be reached The connection was reset error message.

Freshman

Re: This site can’t be reached The connection was reset error message.

Freshman

Last week I called tech support and got the usual run around without relolving the issue, a case number was assigned and would be forwarded to engineering and I would get a call back in 48 hours.  Needless to say, I haven't heard a thing.  A friend who also has Gen 5 and uses a laptop running Windows 7 has been able to access the treasury direct web site (he doesn't have an account so can't log on).  Since I have logged on to the site last year using my Windows 10 Desktop, I am not sure just what this means.

I called to day to try and get through to Tech Support / Engineering but got a mesasage that there was some sort of major repair effort underway and no one was available - call back later!!!

New Poster

Today (01/19/2018) I am able to get to TreasuryDirect; it didn't work yesterday, I think. FYISmiley Frustratedeveral days earlier I tried the unplugging the router trick and the site worked for a while, but only on the computer that was logged on when I did it. I had turned off acceleration before I did it but when plugged back in it reverted to acceleration on, but the treasury site worked properly. So the acceleration is probably not the problem and it needs to be fixed at the network level. Maybe it has been fixed now?

Distinguished Professor IV

@Rurik

Very interesting.  It's working today for me, too.  Perhaps they changed something or something changed itself.  Whatever the case, at least it's working now, and hopefully for all who access it.  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Working for me too!