cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoroughly disgusted with customer service

Freshman

Thoroughly disgusted with customer service

My modem recently went out and I called tech support and they confirmed it was the modem. They said they would send me a new one. Silly me just assumed they would overnight it since it was because of their faulty equipment, but nooooo, they sent it UPS supposedly 3 day. I called on 14 Feb at 121am and I received the modem on 19 Feb at around 530 pm (that's 6 days). When I called a few days later to inquire about the UPS tracking number the girl asked if it was overnighted and I'm like no but it should have been, was't offerd that option. In the mean time I'm waiting on emails about the new modem, the emails still have not arrived. I spoke with customer service and all I got was her condescending attitude.  A supervisor offered me $10 off my monthly price for the inconvenience of no modem. Well, that does nothing for me considering I've lost hundreds of dollars having no internet for 6 days (I work online). 

HughesNet, here's a little tidbit of helpful information for you...if something goes wrong with someones internet, and you know it's due to your faulty equipment, give the option to overnight new equipment, don't just assume that the person can wait 6 or more days for it. 

I still have a year left on my contract, after that, I'm more than likely going to be seeking a new internet provider.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Thoroughly disgusted with customer service

**UPDATE***

Ok, so I get the new modem, set it up, and the internet's slow. I give it a couple days and then I call tech support again. They "attempt" to adjust the dish but then my internet went totally out (mind you, I had internet, it was just slow). So now I have to wait for a tech to come and adjust the dish. It's Thursday and the tech won't be out till Monday (another 4-5 days without internet). All seems to be ok for now.

They did, however, charge me $9.95 for 2 day mail service...mind you it took about 6 days to get to me!!!

Freshman

Cant't really afford an alternative but thanks for the reply.

Good morning sashabella,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns. Let us know how the site visit goes!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning sashabella,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->