HughesNet Community

Three Days of extremely slow and unresponsive internet connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t.steven
Sophomore

Three Days of extremely slow and unresponsive internet connection.

Hello, I am here to post about an issue I have had over the last 3-4 days now. A few days ago I had some power outage flashes about 4 in the span of an hour. ever since then my internet service has been acting up.

I will start by saying that everything on the system control center looks good. Signal Strength is averaging between 110 and 120, no problems detected on any of the other system status info page. Web Responce tests show download speeds of 1 second or less. Speed Tests show same results. I have run Connectivity Tests multiple times and show average delay below 700 ms and 0% packet loss almost every time. Ocassionaly I will get a average delay of over 1000 but not too often. So, no problem there. I have power cycled the modem at least 4 times in the last 3 days and still end up having the same issue. I have run just about every troubleshooting step I know that I am able to do on my end.

My issue is this. Web pages load extremely slow if at all. Sometimes they just time out. browsing any web page that is heavily media based pretty much doesn't work or it takes about 3 minutes for the page to load. I cannot brows facebook or any other social media sites also including youtube. I cannot watch small low quality video clips as they start to load Then they stop and buffer indefinitely, no matter how many times I refresh. Even low media based web pages take a minute or longer to load. I have also run about 4 different anti-Malware, Anti-Virus programs. Computer is clean. I have checked my LAN cables and connections to the modem and all seem to good to go.

I have checked the advaced configuration section of the System Control Center and have had some red X in the uplink issues line. I have seen red X in the Association, TCP Acceleration, RTT, DNS Acceleration[N] and DNS Acceleration[I] lines over the last few days as well, however they seem to fix themselves. The problem I am having makes me think there is a more underlying issue that I cannot see. I would like to get some help to resolve this problem I am having. As right now I am really not able to use my service much at all.

Any Help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

49 REPLIES 49

@Liz

Alright, thanks for the update, and it's not a problem. Thanks!

@Liz

Alright, I am not sure what's going on. I still havn't recieved the modem, nor have I gotten confirmation of one being sent. Not sure where to go from here.

Hi t.steven,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz

Hey, I just wanted to let ya know. I sent you a private message couple days ago updating you on my status. Not sure if you have gotten it or have seen it. I just thought you should know. Again, thank you for your many attempts to help me.

Hi t.steven,

Thank you for letting me know, I'm composing my PM back to you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Azbadboyz
Freshman

Welcome to Hughes net where they don't care about you only getting more people to get on and slow it down more

@Azbadboyz wrote:

Welcome to Hughes net where they don't care about you only getting more people to get on and slow it down more

Except, more people on to slow it down is not the problem. Your opinion is unsubstantiated.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Azbadboyz wrote:

giphy.gif

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro