Hughesnet Community

Three no-shows, one came without necessary equipment, tech support call centre no real help.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

Three no-shows, one came without necessary equipment, tech support call centre no real help.

This is a follow-up to the threads 'Signal strength is 38" (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Signal-strength-is-38/m-p/77020#M54996) and "Installer no showed twice" (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Installer-no-showed-twice-doesn-t-return-calls-Now-c...)

So here is the complete order of events.

When I upgraded to Gen 5, installer VSat came out and pointed dish at tree.  Signal was in the 60's.  Installer said he didn't know what a good signal was.  I said the dish needed to be moved, that springtime growth would interfere with signal.  Installer said he was not authorized to move dish and that signal was good enough.

As Spring came, growth reduced signal to 32.  I contacted HughesNet and that scheduled an installer (VSat again) to come out.

Appointment was set for between 11 AM and 1 PM.  Installer called at 8:50 PM and said he was 45 minutes out. I said that was too late.  Installer said his office would call to reschedule an appointment.

No one called.  I called VSat.  They didn't return the call. I called VSat again the next day. They never returned the call.

I called HughesNet and they rescheduled the appointment for 5-10 between 11 AM and 2  PM. Again, apparently with VSat.

At 4:30 PM on 5-10, installer called and said he was 45 minutes out.  Installer no-showed again.

I called Huguesnet today at 9 AM.  They said they called the installer and the installer would call me. They never called.

I called Hughesnet again at 1 PM.  They said they would call the installer and have the installer call me. They never called.  HughesNet did say that my issued has been raised to "executive level," whatever that means.

I called Hughesnet at 3 PM.  They said installer reported that installer came out to my house.  They never came out.  The installer appers to have lied.

On Friday morning, VSat called me out of the blue, saying the dish needed to be moved to another pole we had (from 11 years ago) and that some trees needed to be cut down.  I said I would cut the trees down and call him when that was done.

On Friday evening, another installer showed up, My Internet.  He did not come with a pole to move the dish.  He, too, pointed to the old pole we had and said trees needed to be cut.  I said I would cut them and call when that was done.

On Sunday, I called My Internet and said the trees were down.  My Internet scheduled an appointment for Monday, around 6 PM.

Installer NO SHOWED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contacted My Internet.  They said they would not send anyone until Sunday.

I called HughesNet to try and get someone else.  Asked to speak to a supervisor.  Talked to someone named Keyna.  She said she would call me the next day to let me know what was happening.

SHE NEVER CALLED!!!!!!!!!

Called HughesNet again.  Talked to Christian.  He would not stop following the script, would not think for himself.  Asked to speak to a supervisor.  He put me on hold, never got the supervisor, but did start to think for himself and tried to help.

In the end, HughesNet refused to find another installer.  Said they could only use the installers on some list.  Even though there was a HughesNet installer in my town, they refused to use them.

Yesterday, an installer came out.  Turns out, the dish never needed to be moved.  I never needed to cut down those trees!  The dish was pointed in the wrong direction. Turning the dish and cutting some small trees and a bush did the trick. Signal strength 123.

tl;dr Three No Shows, one comes without proper equipment, HughesNet refused to call an installer who could do the job immediately (especially after no shows), and cut trees that didn't need to be cut.  This was the worst customer service experience I have ever seen!

HughesNet has offered me a credit of $30/month for three months. That pays for the two no-shows.  (Actually, that only pays for one no-show)  I expect a further credit for the additional no-show.

Alas, HughesNet is the only internet in the area, so all I can do is jump up and down in frustration.  Maybe when Excede comes to the area, they may be a better choice.

HughesNet should be ashamed of themselves.

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi lighthope,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear what happened, I've sent your feedback up to our installations department for their review.

Since I created the original work order to address your line of sight (LOS) concerns, the site visits are already free, but I'm glad that one of our phone reps have provided you with credit for the hassle and that your LOS concern has been addressed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz wrote:

Hi lighthope,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear what happened, I've sent your feedback up to our installations department for their review.

Hmm...I was hoping for a bit more proactive feedback than that.  That sort of reads as if this entire thing is being put into to the round file.  That's the way it comes across, anyway.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lighthope1

WOW!!!  That's absolutely ludicrous!  I can certainly understand your frustration with everything that's happened, and no doubt the no shows, especially if it has involved the loss of wages.  

With that said, I'm glad that you finally have the service you should have had at the beginning.  

It's unfortunate that you had to go through this.  I wish your installer would have been someone ike El Dorado Networks or gokartergo24.  Not actually them, but someone of their good reputations.