cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time of day data was used?

Re: Time of day data was used?

Yes, it is connected.

Chris, would t possibly cause that much data usage? My husband literally re connected it on July 15, that night is when we had the first issue. I have asked him to DC it immediately. However, then we do not have acces to direct tv on demand, etc. How do we access that?

That's actually really good to know!

Directv On Demand pre loads movies and TV shows...  Liz the official Rep on here indicated that to me.  On Demand will kill your data unfortunately as it sounds.

Hi ericdanielle,

We're glad to have you here! Thank you for taking the time to post and offer some positive comments. Since you mentioned getting DirecTV, be careful with the OnDemand service, as that will use a LOT of data.

Here's a good start to finding more positive threads about HughesNet!
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet?topic-list[settings][type]=praise

I'll defer to any community members here who've played The Division for their experiences.

We're here if you need anything.

-Liz
Assistant Professor

Alum

Hi Kim,

That explains it. DirecTV does use a lot of data, and it doesn't really give you forewarning either. If you do use it I would recommend only doing so for short amounts of time. Or connect it only during the bonus period so it can load, update, etc only during off hours. 

- Chris

Just got off the phone w direct tv, they did NOT do any updates on either day in my area. And if they did, the data used was extremely excessive... So, phone call number 3, back to Hughes net

I can't even tell you how frustrated I am at this point. Seriously.

For the record. We do NOT watch on demand, we do not stream movies. Our bandwidth is too slow, we thought we would solve the problem w Hughes net but this did not happen. When we attempt to download or stream, the movie buffers , this equally goes for you tube videos. They buffer, we don't watch them.

Thanks BirdDog, you send anLOt of good info. I have learned a ton just in one day from everything you have sent over. I truly appreciate it!