cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to give Credit where credit is due

Time to give Credit where credit is due

Overview: I had significant problems with speed the last few weeks, despite a history of consistently good service and speeds. After some doing and telphone time and contacting the good folks of this forum, HughesNet corrected those problems yesterday by flipping some kind of switch (as I had told them it had to be on their end from day one- and they actually believed me).

After all the "joy" of being up and running like I should, last night I apparently lost my radio at the dish- bad storms in the area might have contributed to it, don't know. Apparently the radio sometimes goes bad after a week or so according to my wonderful tech.

As a result of no internet access due to state code 30 (knowing I was dead in the water), I had a less than good experience on tech support telephone because when you have a state code of 30 on the HN 9000, you need a tech to come. Period. You don't need to go through this script stuff. So, I admit I had a Turrets syndrome moment with the telephone rep, who, In my opinion, didn't care about me or what my situation was. Her attitude was- who cares? read the script..... Nuff said.. Interestingly, all of this happening with my contract about to expire?

HOWEVER: the tech I have been working with called me almost immediately this morning and scheduled a visit, which he did NOT have to do until Monday. I had the same tech who has been here helping me out the last few months (Never had issues before in the prior 22 months of my contract) come out and fix the system, despite it being relatively nasty weather. This is what it is all about- understanding (here my) situation and knowing the problems I was about to encounter- and actually doing something about it. Its called caring about the customer.

He did his magic, replaced the radio (TRO?) and I am back up. Yes, I admit I pay the extra charge for the "come out" service fee, but people, this gentleman (and the folks here in the forum) made me believe again that HughesNet is a good product (no product is perfect).

Now these are the folks who do what is **right**, and deserve a pat on the back. Hughes already has my information on all of this (see my earlier posts).

I admit that I was ready to drop HughesNet like a hot potato after the phone incidents of late, but I am now again remembering the good people at Hughes.

So thanks Rocky and the people behind the scenes, including my tech Jim. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES 6
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Time to give Credit where credit is due

Which proves if you get the right people together, the system (hardware, forum support & techs) can work.
Highlighted
Alum

I totally agree Gwalk. Thanks for the info and good news Taylor. We're very happy to hear things got turned around for you!!!

Hope yall have a great weekend!

-Rocky
Assistant Professor

Sometimes the planets align and everything is sunshine and unicorns. Smiley Happy

exactly!

And the same to you Rocky... thanks again.

Smiley Happy