To Slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustythecur
Junior

To Slow

My testmy results, https://testmy.net/quickstats/Tom%20Flanagan    I am not in fap. I have unplugged my modem. It did not help. The system control center says all is well. Note the only test results  over 1 mbs were done before 5:30 am.

18 REPLIES 18
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you done any other troubleshooting besides what you listed? 

Remy

rustythecur,

Thank you for posting! I was able to pull up your account, and saw that there is currently only one device connected, with it having a poor connection to your hug5g network. If this is the device you've been using to run the speed tests, and especially if it's stationary, I would highly recommend switching it over to the hug2g network. 

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy,

I have switched to hug2g and will run several speed test today.

While on hug2g I ran 4 tests between 8am and 3pm. The results were 659 kbs, 557 kbs, 535 kbs, and 487 kbs. After the last test I switched back to hug5g and tested again the result was 539 kbs. Their does not seem to be a difference between the 2.

I spent some time Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 3pm, doing speed tests. I  would first test hug5g then do a test on hug2g. I did this 5 times. Note I tested with 6mb instead of 25mb because 25mb would have taken to long.

The results for hug5g were 272 kbs, 295 kbs, 405 kbs, 482 kbs, 526 kbs.

The results for hug2g were 228 kbs, 479 kbs, 428 kbs, 506 kbs, 427 kbs.

They seem to be running at the same speed.

If you're able to, check to see if the 802.11 protocol for hug5g is for 'a/n/ac' and that it uses the maximum 20/40/80MHz channel width. After logging in to the wifi settings, you check these by going here.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi  Mark,

I clicked on wifi settings on the SSC it then asked for a administartive password. I do not know what that password is, everthing I tried did not work.

GabeU

@rustythecur wrote:

Hi  Mark,

I clicked on wifi settings on the SSC it then asked for a administartive password. I do not know what that password is, everthing I tried did not work.

The password is admin.  

Thank you GabeU,

What I found is            Wireless mode  11a/n/ac

Bandwith            20/40/80Mhz

Which I believe is correct.

Ok... Next thing is to ascertain is if anything may be interfering with any of the channels that the wifi uses. Those channels are also listed on that page as a main one, and extension channels. You might want to use a wifi sniffer to see if anything else in your area are using those channels. If one is, you may want to adjust the channel assignments on that page to something that doesn't conflict with those being used in your environment.

Note: The wifi sniffer may occassionally show one or more wifi networks with no name. You can ignore those because they are specially set up for use with the wifi booster/extender.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thank you for your help Mark. I do not think that is the problem. I am the last house on the road, my nearest neighbor is 3/4 of a mile away. Nobody else live within miles of us.

You're probably right then. Something else must be at play.

rustythecur,

Thank you for the additional speed tests and information! We appreciate your cooperation immensely. I've been looking into your account and running some tests myself, and I have been getting very subpar speeds as well. I'm going to be escalating this case up to our engineers, and should hopefully have some more information for you shortly!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you Remy.

Hi Remy,

Last night I received a call from engineering. They told me that they can see the problem and are working on solution. They will get in touch when they have solved the problem.
Thank you for your help

rustythecur,

That's great to hear! Please reach back out to us if you ever have any additional issues or questions!

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@rustythecur 

Do you have a LAN cable connectible device with which to run a few tests for comparative purposes?  This would be with the WiFi in the HT2000W disabled while running the tests, of course.

Hi Gabe,

My only computer is a laptop,  it does not have a lan port.