To slow to be usable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanTheMan
New Poster

To slow to be usable

We are customers of almost 5 years, and we are used to being throttled the majority of each month, but it has never been this slow before. We called tech support and he did some fiddling on his end and it was back to normal for about 24 hours. We called again today and was told it was because we were being throttled. We responded that in all this time it has never been this slow, but she doubled down and stuck to this being normal throttle speed. We cannot, and will not, live with the new norm of unusable throttle speed. Tomorrow we look into getting a mifi hotspot and be done with over paying for unusable internet 

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you want to see whether the HughesNet reps on this site can have a look at what's going on?  

If you are simply announcing that you will cancel, remember that to cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292.   To avoid equipment charges, you will need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a pre-paid kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.  

If you would like immediate cancellation, be sure to let the phone rep know this; otherwise your cancellation takes effect at the end of the billing period. 

MARK1111
New Poster

Just got set up for first time with HUGHESNET...business service 50...out in rural area where neither ATT and SPECTRUM(CHARTER) will lay out a fiber optics line...need speed and data usability more than antyhing else for my clients sending me videos and graphs maps charts dealing in geological and geproprhaical mapping site areas, etc. Obviously...being a solo start up...I

'm counting my pennies carefully...is there any additional tech equipment for me to get "boost' the most out of my current plan? HUGHES NET techie told me NOt to go with a router but to go with a SWITCHER instead. Makes sense to you?

maratsade

Mark, you are posting in someone else's thread. Please open a new thread under Tech Support. Just click "Start a topic." You can copy/paste what you have posted here. 

I repied to his topic matter with a question resembling his own posting..I was asking for -- help-- from him based on his statement. Did you EVEN read my exact REPLY correctly?

maratsade

This question: 

".is there any additional tech equipment for me to get "boost' the most out of my current plan? HUGHES NET techie told me NOt to go with a router but to go with a SWITCHER instead. Makes sense to you?"

belongs in its own topic, if you'd like a reply from a moderator. You are not adding to the OP's ticket, you are asking about your own situation, so this belongs in its own ticket.

As for your PM to me, which is below,  and which you sent twice, there is no need to send such messages or to attack me. You can ask questions, of course, just open your own ticket so you can get responses to them. 

2021-06-09_17-01-24.png

Hughes net is once again at a crawl I have been a customer for 10 years and have a 30 gb plan that costs me $122.90 a month. Hughes net is so slow it want even load pictures. Unfortunally it is the only service I can get because I live in the country.

GabeU

@Randy4 

You could always use this community for its purpose and ask for help.  

Hi MARK1111,

This community is geared towards our residential customers; the moderators have limited capabilities with business accounts. If your account number starts with "SME", please call 800.347.3272 for support. We appreciate your understanding.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning DanTheMan,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you or anyone else reading this still have concerns and would like to work with the community in addressing them, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!