Hughesnet Community

Today's Gen 5 speeds videos still buffering!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myhill
Freshman

Today's Gen 5 speeds videos still buffering!

Ran some tests this morning.  Download speeds indicated are okay, just way under advertised.  Oddly, even at those downloads, the signal is so uneven it still causes buffering to occur in videos.  I received an email that engineering was working on this, but no status or estimate.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=c&d=12292017&x=7&l=25&q=23303085788974

2 REPLIES 2
Screwthis
Freshman

Same here. Worst service ever in all categories. If you can serve your customers then you won’t have any left. I’m 3months into this. I’m about done. Can’t watch anything anymore straight through. What an archaic internet this is. Too bad this community is begging for the big guys to come out here. I’m one mile from high school and it’s lit up like a city. But I cannot get any sort of internet except bad and worse. Great choices.

For whatever reason, the board is pretty quiet with responses today.  I'm only a little over a week into this thing, and I'm still on the fence.  When it works smoothly, it's better than what I had.  Trouble is, it doesn't download or upload smoothly at all.  Go to the suggested website Testmy.net and upload a 25mb file.  Watch the indicator line as it runs.  When it gets graphed out, the variance is pretty severe.  Most likely what's causing the buffering.  Need someone on here whose system works good to run the test, see if it bounces around on their system.  I see most of the complaints are about Gen 5 systems and are fairly new.  I'm not convinced that some of the routers aren't bad or marginal.  They pass all the "tests" that they need to in order to be signed off, but there isn't anything done to test the quality of your internet connection until you log onto your own.