cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token not being applied

Sophomore

Token not being applied

This morning I went to the online dashboard, noticed that I had no data left (I have been trying to set up a new computer) and so went to token management and selected a token. The message said to allow at least 5 minutes for the data to show up, but it has been about an hour now and no data.  Also, the panel on the dashboard page that shows the data circles and token management, is not displaying anymore.  I have rebooted, refreshed, signed out and signed in, but no circles. When I click on the meter in my desktop tray, it shows 0 data and that I am smart browsing.  I need help!  I went to support tab in the dashboard, searched for tokens, select within last 6 mos. and got help from 2012 on the old system, not Gen 4.  I went back to support and clicked chat, filled out the form and got the message that hughesnet thanked me for emailing support and they would get back to me in 24 hours.  I am just ready to scream!  Can someone help me?
24 REPLIES 24
Associate Professor
Sophomore

Re: Token not being applied

O
Honorary Alumnus

This shows zero after a token purchase and "use" ?

(you did click the "use" button to transfer the purchased Token to your Token Bucket didn't you ?)

Also, sometimes the Download Status Meter is a little slow to update, did you check the amount in the Modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 ?

Sophomore

A support person emailed me that the token data was already used. I had the meter open the whole time and it never showed up. I know to look at token bytes available. It displayed 0.
Assistant Professor

Try pulling the modem power from the wall, wait 30 seconds, plug back in wait to re-establish the connection and see if the token bytes show up.
Honorary Alumnus

The meter will not "auto-update", it is a static page until you manually refresh it.

Did you check here to see if the "use" took ?

Sophomore

Yes, I had the online status meeter opened the whole time. I was monitoring it to see when the data was applied so II could pay bills online. And yes, I did click use, and got the message that it might take up to 5 minutes to display. This was all at about 8:15 this morning.
Sophomore

Am I just supposed to trust them that 500 mb was applied and used? I sat at the computer waiting for over an hour. I did not use any data other than opening the hughesnet sites. Also, when I checked my desktop status meter, it shows that I was "smart browsing". I just assumed that was their expressionfor throttling. No, the email support person said that I couldn't have seen it because it's not available on my plan.
Highlighted
Sophomore

I did not apply it from this page, I used token management on the status meter. The I kept refreshing. I even logged out and back in.