cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokens again! still slow service

Tokens again! still slow service

I'm i able to get out of this contract with hughesnet? Yall are charging me way too much! I rather return to cable dsl..I'm paying now 234.00! for what...Now service is to a crawl and i brought tokens thinking internet wld speed up..I need service that i can depend on..I'm also trying to start online classes!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alum

Re: Tokens again! still slow service

Hi puppylover,

Instead continuing to purchase tokens you should upgrade to our best package. It offers 50 GB anytime and 50GB bonus. Satellite internet does not work like cable and other land based ISP's. There are limitations to bandwidth and you have to learn to manage this. The great thing about our Ultra plan is even after your data runs out, your speeds are not decreased as much. This benefit is due to our smart browsing feature. I think you would benefit from it greatly. Let me know if this is something you'd like to try. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
6 REPLIES 6
Associate Professor

If you are still with in your first 30 days, then yes, you can cancel your account with out having to pay the ETF.  If you have gone beyond your 30 days then you are bound to the contract and must pay for the ETF.  In either case you must also return your Hughesnet equipment.
Alum

Hi puppylover,

Thank you for posting and welcome. I'm sorry to hear your expectations are not being met. I was able to pull up your account using the information in your profile. I see that you subscribed with us in early August and you've already purchased almost $150 worth of tokens. Did you run out of data very quickly? Maybe if you can elaborate more on what your typical internet usage is we'll be better equipped to assist you. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris 

We use te internet 24 hr a day?I use the internet for school.I  have 1 in college,and it sucks cuz your service wipes out all work done cuz it keeps closing out.We buy tokens to speed up the internet it seems the service is hungry.It does not make any sense to do this.Now the service is so slow..Whats the deal with hughesnet..I've never seen so many complaints...

oh did u also notice i upgraded to the pro and its more slow then ever?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled slow again!! ive got work to do...
Alum

Hi puppylover,

Instead continuing to purchase tokens you should upgrade to our best package. It offers 50 GB anytime and 50GB bonus. Satellite internet does not work like cable and other land based ISP's. There are limitations to bandwidth and you have to learn to manage this. The great thing about our Ultra plan is even after your data runs out, your speeds are not decreased as much. This benefit is due to our smart browsing feature. I think you would benefit from it greatly. Let me know if this is something you'd like to try. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris