cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokens missing after power outage

Tokens missing after power outage

I watch my usage very closely since I use this connection for work. I've been purchasing tokens for the last week to get me through until tomorrow when my cycle resets. I won't get into how their needs to be a better plan structure at this time, but I do have a concern about this current situation. Last night at about 11:50 pm I had 4.1G of tokens left which would be enough to get me through this cycle. At 11:57PM last night I lost power. It got restored at 9:00AM this morning. After giving the system 30 minutes to respond, I checked and none of my token data is being shown for my account. I know it wasn't used because of the above no power issue. Will this bounce back later today? Was 30 minutes not long enough? I went ahead and purchased 2G more because I need to be able to work, I just want to make sure I haven't lost the 4G that I had last night. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tokens missing after power outage

Good morning Scott,

Thanks for posting. We already have your account information so we'll look into this for you and post back with an update.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Not sure if you fixed it (I suspect yes considering the amazing customer service I've received from you in the month I've been with Hughes) or if it finally bounced back but it looks good now, THANK YOU!!!!

Hi Scott,

I'm still investigating your case and updated your token allowance. We're looking into this to see how this happened. It may be related to the outage in your area this morning. If you experience anything else, please let us know so we can address that for you.

I noticed you're using a Belkin router; other Belkin users have been experiencing difficulty with their internet lately, but this should be resolved now. That link has information and instructions for you.

Feel free to contact us again if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

You rockSmiley Happy. Thank you.

As for the Belkin router, thanks for the link. I'm in IT so when it hit the other day I was aware of it. Fortunately I use custom firmware so I'm not affected, but just in case I also have a Cisco and SMG to fall back on. I'm a strong believer in the Department of Redundancy DepartmentSmiley Happy

You're welcome, Scott! Haha, I see what you did there.

Since you're using custom firmware for your router, please be aware that your DHCP query rate settings on your router can have an effect on your browsing. Please read here about more details about that: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/quality_of_service_poor_hows_yours?topic-reply-li...

Drop us a line anytime you need assistance, we're happy to help.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz